A few questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,first post and all
I'm contemplating buying a new lcd for my room, its for blu ray, hd football and the playstation so i'm wondering whats the ultimate lcd for this. I'm presuming sony or panasonic but anyway I really would like a 26" but i don't know if 1080p is available on lcd's smaller than 32" so i'd go for the 32" in that case. The best possible picture quality is essential. Also it should probably have freesat as i want to watch the world cup in hd,and i dont want to resort to sky hd just yet and freeview hd won't reach my area til 2011 (unless there's a way around that?)
so basically, taking all that into account what is my best option?

A

Anonymous

Anyone?

additionally,any suggestions as to the best 26" lcd for pq?

A

Anonymous

There aren't many 26" TVs that do 1080p on the market if any. And frankly if you're desperate for HD whether1080p or 768 (and you should be given all of the HD sources you're going to be using) you'd be wasting your time on a 26" TV. Unless of course space considerations mean you're gonna have your nose pressed up to it at all times!

If you widen your search to 32" there is a lot more choice available for hardly any more money. If you're a sports fan then you could really do with 100Hz, and I'm not aware of any 26" TVs that do 100Hz. I used to own a Pana 26LXD (I think) which was 100Hz but these aren't made any more. It was a great little TV. The gf made off wid it before you ask.

Having pointed you in the direction of a 32, however, you'd be hard pushed to spot the difference between 1080 and 768 at that screen size even when watching HD material. I'd say 100Hz is a more important function for you, in which case it's 32 every time. Panasonic do 1080p, 100Hz and Freesat enabled TVs at the 32" size. Sony may do some that tick all those boxes but I'm not 100% sure on that. But the new ranges that are coming out in the next month or two from all the major manufacturers will do everything you want as far as I understand it (Pana, Sony, LG, Phillips, Samsung). But if you're desperate right now you won't go wrong with Pana.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts