A decent aerial signal amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Problem: I have a duplex and my cable tv feeds into the top floor. By the time the signal reaches downstairs it is so weak it can't support a stable picture.

Because of deficiencies in the wiring I have to redo everything and was looking for a high quality signal booster ideally 20dbs with a low noise figure rating. Any ideas?

I have already got the cable company to boost the signal but it is not sufficient, they only guarantee quality for 3 sockets and in total I have 8. Do I really need 8? Probably not, but even being ruthless I could only cut out 2, still leaving me with 6.

Does anyone know the ideal db level for lcd tvs? I have a Sharp LCD upstairs but doesn't even register the signal downstairs. I know they need higher levels than CRTs...

Any help would be very welcome.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Well I think there ust be a minor problem in it, why dont you contact the fivebros forgings for this changes of follw this link... duplex flanges

abacus

I presume you mean a rooftop Aerial splitter not a cable TV splitter.

The type of TV has no bearing on the signal required; it’s all down to the on-board tuner.

Every time you split the signal passively the output is halved, hence the need for amplification.

Want you want is a 1 in, 8 out amplifier (Each out feeding just one socket so as to maintain the signal and minimise noise) which can be picked up from Maplins or similar.

Hope this helps

Bill

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
abacus said:
I presume you mean a rooftop Aerial splitter not a cable TV splitter.

The type of TV has no bearing on the signal required; it’s all down to the on-board tuner.

Every time you split the signal passively the output is halved, hence the need for amplification.

Want you want is a 1 in, 8 out amplifier (Each out feeding just one socket so as to maintain the signal and minimise noise) which can be picked up from Maplins or similar.

Hope this helps

Bill

Six year old thread Bill, he probably has it sorted by now. Thread was reactivated by spammer who I reported and their post was removed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts