a couple of newbie questions?

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

when i go to bi-wire my speakers (ma rs1's) do i need to take metal links off?

also

im thinking of making room on my shelfs for my turntable so am i correct in saying its best to have the amp sitting on top of the cd player?

cheers

A

Anonymous

[quote user="beachBOYken"]when i go to bi-wire my speakers (ma rs1's) do i need to take metal links off?[/quote]

Yes certainly.

[quote user="beachBOYken"]im thinking of making room on my shelfs for my turntable so am i correct in saying its best to have the amp sitting on top of the cd player?[/quote]

I think not. Heaviest first. People usually keep the Amp underneath the CD player. That way the system is (1) stable and (2) allows you to have some breathing space between the Amp's top and CD player's bottom. This helps reduce the "cross talk".

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="beachBOYken"]
but my c320bee amp has vents on the top the cd player(c521) has none?

[/quote]

Exactly - so not having the CD player on top gives the amp space to breathe, or at least dissipate heat.

Came home last night to discover some house-tidying had happpened, and the receiver now had DVDs lined up neatly either side of it - not a great idea when there are vents in the side panels to draw cooling air in and channel it out through the top-plate by convection.

However, I have to day I'd urge you not to place anything on top of anything else: quite apart from the possibility of interference, CD players aren't really designed to have amps on top of them, and separate shelves is always the best way to do things.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts