A clean conection . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
A forgotten tweak . . . years ago, the recommendation was to remake all plug in connections to amp and speakers etc., every couple of weeks. Never hear this today?

The other day I had occasion to move my speakers, they had been there untouched for 3 or 4 months at least. Thought nothing of it until we had our Horlicks hour . . . made me sit up, I had a new system . . . ?

I know I had moved one of the speakers and its stand completely so it might not have gone back exactly in the same place, but I did try to use the same holes in the carpet. Whatever, there it was, a CD with width, depth and a warm presentation that I liked. Tried a few others, same affect, vinyl to was better.

Conclusion, either the little people had been in there tweaking my system overnight or making new clean speaker connections every few weeks is the thing to do?

. . . yes, I do use gold plugs . . . CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
CJSF said:
A forgotten tweak . . . years ago, the recommendation was to remake all plug in connections to amp and speakers etc., every couple of weeks. Never hear this today?

You might not do but people say that on here all the time.

I've just not seen it . . . and certainly forgotten, its an age thing . . . :? whatever, it dont hurt to be reminded

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Everything in my system (including telly and Blu-ray player) gets unplugged, moved, cleaned and plugged back in every couple of weeks when I vacuum behind/under all the furniture.

That's when it all sounds best. Not because of the contacts being 'wiped' (or whatever the technical term is) but because of the satisfaction of knowing everything is clean (including all the bits you can't see).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts