A blast from my past . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Scanning through Spotify this afternoon, I happened across 'Sade' . . . I remember when she hit the hifi world in the 80's, 'Diamond Life' was an often used demo record. Sadly that album was obviously a casualty of my misguided clear out in my previous life, I did have copy.

Spotify has saved the day . . . I am listening and enjoying again to her smooth presentation of 'Diamond Life', 'Stronger Than Pride'. I dipped into one or two tracks of reissues, remasters and more modern offerings . . . not a patch on those early recordings IMHO. However I'm listening to a 2011 release; 'SADE, Bring Me Home - Live 2011' . . . I do enjoy live recordings, this is no exception, volume up, capturing all the atmosphere, some strong base, but her voice comes through perfectly, great atmospheric backing on the track 'Morning Bird' currently playing.

Sade, an artist for me to revisit selectively on Spotify and one for me to look out for in the charity shop jaunts.

CJSF

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Indeed, the background music to many a dinner party in the 80's. (.. see also Terence Trent D'Arby and his Introducing The Hardline According To Terence Trent D'Arby LP ).

Can't say I've ever heard the full Sade album, just the well known singles, but a very good production by all accounts.

Spotify's great isn't it.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
DIB said:
Indeed , the background music to many a dinner party in the 80's. (.. see also Terence Trent D'Arby and his Introducing The Hardline According To Terence Trent D'Arby LP ).

Can't say I've ever heard the full Sade album, just the well known singles, but a very good production by all accounts.

Spotify's great isn't it.

Spotify certainly plays a big part in my music listening DIB, as one has indicated, it allows me to indulge in some retro music of my previous existence . . . Currently listening to K D Lang.

The quality I get from Spotify is very good, plays into a dedicated HRT DAC then to my Icon ST40 valve amp. Tis true, some albums are not so good, but one gets that in all mediums? . . . I pick and choose the best 8)

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts