9.1 setup what advice?

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi i have the onkyo 5009 amp and monitor audio rx6 av12 speaker package i currently have 5.1 setup but want to go 9.1 setup i want to add extra fronts and extra rears if i used monitor audio apex 10's for extra rears and extra fronts would it work well together would they be a tonal match or if not what could i use to make it a 9.1 setup thanks need help asap please

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would rather pick Silver RX1 or the slightly bigger RX2 to best-as-possible match the other Silver models in your package, at least to duty as extra fronts (wide or height?). To wall-mount I'd use a separate bracket for bookshelf models. For extra rears I would absolutely pick another pair of RXFX (assuming that is the model you have for rears already?). Apex would naturally work, and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 calibration in the Onkyo would do its best to make them sound as similar to the Silvers as possible. No calibration-system can work miracles though, and even if Apex might be easier to implement due to their size if you want the best performance I'd continue to stick with Silver RX-models since you already have those.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Before you commit to 9.1 (which I have lived with, and enjoyed!), also consider/demo 7.2 - two extra rears plus extra subwoofer. You may find it gives you a more satisfying surround experience. Experimenting with biamping your front speakers can also be an interesting exercise.

So much depends on your room size/shape (plus your seating position within that) as well as your kit re how it will sound. Your choice of viewing also plays a big part; extended surround can really add atmospherics and draw you into a movie/concert/show, but only if the sound mixer did a good job to start with!

Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts