8 reasons you should keep buying movie discs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

no-name-123

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
This Is Going To Hurt
Me, when there is no other option. Inside No9 has been DVD-only for two or three seasons, This Is Going To Hurt was DVD-only. Recent DVDs are rather better when upscaled than older ones, but it's still a poor substitute.

Yes a good answer, but not one I expected. I might even check out 'This is going to hurt' my self. Although not the fault of anyone here, TV on Blu-ray and above is unprodictable. Being truthful, I do go about with the belief that people by 4k TVs then buy nothing but DVDs out of ignorance. You show this is not always the case

Reactions: 12th Monkey

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Yes I can identify with DVDs being for casual buyers, since they are the cheapest option. Streaming is great if you only want to watch something once. But why, shakeing my head in disbelief release things on DVD? Just who buys a large 4K TV then humiliates it with a DVD
Well. if people are passionate about, and want watch say, an obscure horror film or a documentary about steam trains and they can only view it on DVD then, I like to think, they probably will. And fair play to them I would say.

Reactions: Friesiansam

KindredSpirit

Nov 12, 2003
Visit site
What happens when your broadband goes down or even worse a Kessler syndrome event occurs?
You can’t guarantee that a film that you are in a mood to watch will be available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts