8 channel line outs

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
after a short and pretty one sided discussion with my fioncee. It was decided that I would not be upgrading my av receiver because we would be having another child and such things are now bottom of our list of priorities. It was a while ago now baby is due in a few months. I do however wish to do something about my lack of hd audio when I am watching blu rays. The only solution for now is to get a blu ray which decodes hd audio and can pass it to my amp via line outs. would have to be second hand as my budget would only be about £70. on my list to consider Upto now are the Sony bdp s760 and pioneer bdp lx71. could anyone advise any more models to consider and in your opinion which would be best. ps I will be connecting via component as this is all I have left plus I don't think my amp passes video when using the 8 channel inputs. my amp is the Sony str da1200es
as always thanks for your help.

scene

Hi, as you can see from my (amended) sig*, I've got a BDP-S760, which I got because I needed 8 channel output to my aged Arcam AVR250. I also looked at the Pioneer bdp-lx71 - and was very tempted as it's decoding is probably better than the s760 (there's a long thread on the forums from a couple of years back of my trials and tribulations in getting my bdp...). However, the disc load times on the lx71 are very slow and their were (at the time) issues playing some discs. If you had a Pioneer TV, I'd say go for the lx71, as it should be able to do deep-colour through to the display over HDMI.

I've been really happy with the Sony and found it pretty good for my needs - if you can get it for £70, then I it's worth considering.

*I had s370 down - comes of updating your sig late at night!

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that, just one thing I won't be using HDMI I have read that the pioneer had uprated hardware over its sibling players which improved component output. I will try and find your thread and have a read. Thanks again

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I do think that you will struggle to find, even second-hand, a Blu-ray machine with 7.1 or 5.1 anologue outputs, for only £70. However, you may be able to find a Panasonic DMP-BDP80 on ebay and Gumtree or on AV Forums classified advertisements. (Don't get the junior model, the DMP60, which lacks the analogue outputs.) I bought mine, now in the bedroom, over three years ago and it has been fine.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, recently a LG390bd sold for £65 on the bay, it has 8ch out, but don't forget to check out the CA650bd which is the mutts nuts, fwiw your not missing a great deal between HD and DTS core unless you are extremely particular!!

Darrell

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts