6 yr old Roksan cd player for the scrapheap?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings all. My much loved Roksan Kandy MK3 cd player went into Richer Sounds for repairs 6 months ago over an intermittent problem, it stopped spinning on occasions. Richer Sounds could'nt find anything wrong with it, gave it a service and a clean for a reasonable price and the machine worked fine again....until this week. The player now spins fine but won't read any discs at all, shop bought or burnt. It's trying its best to read discs, spinning and bleeping for 30 seconds or so, just to give a 'no disc' readout everytime. The player is now 6 yrs old and I'm in two minds whether to take a gamble and send it back to the repair shop, which (I was warned last time) could be costly, or if it's time to say farewell to it. I was hoping for a longer lifespan for a not so cheap player, and if I do go for a new machine, I'm downgrading...I can't afford to fork out £500 -£600 every few years for a cd player. So, 2 different disabilitating problems within 6 months...is it for ready for the scrapheap? Your opinions will be gratefully received. Keith.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Six years for a cd player ? That's worrying, especially from a company with such a good reputation . I can't offer any intellegent words of wisdom , but it sounds like it may cost you more to repair it than to get a new one . I hope you can get it sorted out .

So I guess my 20 year old Maranz CD-52 isn't doing to badly .

Good luck ,

Nick

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the laser has gone. Replacement units are readily available (Sony KSS-213c, but check when you open the unit) for around the £7 mark so it's worth trying to see it it fixes the problem. You can do it yourself - plenty of instructions available on the internet - or ask a local business to do it.

The other thought is to ring Roksan and see what they can do, if anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts