5G explained: the network, phones, speeds and more

F8lee

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
While 5G has certainly been hitting the peak of the hype cycle, as I understand it another genuine difference may well be a lack of reliability under emergency circumstances.

Since it uses a higher bandwidth, 5G required many more transceivers to be installed in a given area. That's fine, but with a huge increase (as I understand the requirement) odds are that they will not each have backup battery power to be used in case of emergencies. Today people are familiar with the concept that, in a blackout, say, their cellphones will still operate - and this of course is because the network operators have backup batteries installed on the relatively few towers used in 4G systems.

I gues it remains to be seen if they will do the same for the ar more 5G devices required; if not, folks may be in for a rude awakening when a problem arises.

Dec 20, 2019
Visit site
Sad that not one mention in your article that many health experts fear there are unavoidable health risks with 5G. Even if your editorial staff takes these with a grain of salt they are at least worthy of mention as being possible/controversial or something like that. You sinned by omission I think.

alistairbooth

Dec 22, 2019
Visit site
Sad that not one mention in your article that many health experts fear there are unavoidable health risks with 5G. Even if your editorial staff takes these with a grain of salt they are at least worthy of mention as being possible/controversial or something like that. You sinned by omission I think.
The same Tinfoil hat brigade came out with this when 4G came out. wireless broadcast signals are only harmful if you put your head on the transmitter for a few weeks at a time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts