Hi guy's,just bought myself elbows...seldom seen kid album.put it on the platter and it was playing slow....Oh sh.t I thought.brand new turntable and the motors goosed.damn!I thought . anyway took a look at the lp and it's 45 rpm.phew...any others out there.its the first time I've ever came across a 45rpm album.

The_Lhc said:
It's not so unusual in the audiophile arena, if you only have a couple of tracks on each side it gives more room for the tracks, which sounds better.

This is true I have quite can few, mainly blues and jazz recordings. Although the last I bought was The Greatful Dead's "American Beauty". It was once quite common and now appears to be being utilised again by some producing companies.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
2 x 200g vinyl 45rpm, awesome sound quality.

To answer the op's original comment, it would be nice if they put the speed of the vinyl on the label, that way if you have a manual speed change turntable (probably most of us) it would save a lot of fuss.

*music2*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I think I have a few, but can only remember one at the moment.

Loop - Guilded Eternity (1990)

EekOZ

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I Love You Honeybear by Father John Misty is another one. Caught me out the first time, especially as I wasn't familiar with Father John Misty at the time and bought it as per my wife's request. Put it on and thought, damn...this is slow...doesn't sound right! So I asked my wife if this it's supposed to sound that way (since I don't know it), and she's like "yeah, it's supposed to sound that way". So we listened the next track with a massive frown, and by the 3rd track I just picked up the arm, said it's not right and sounds sh*t, switched to 45 and boom!

Felt kinda stupid afterwards, but what's a man to do? :p

P.S. Great album that - Seldom Seen Kid.

EekOZ

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I thought I had a rare pressing for a moment or two.lol.I'm not sure if I'm quite into I love you honey bear,but I love his singing axe album(as josh tillman),although it's a bit bleak,it has a sense of atmosphere and some nice acoustics.

I thought I had a dud, lol.

Yeah, I'm not too sure I'm really into I Love you Honeybear either, but my wife wanted it, so I'll just maintain it's her album, not mind. :p It's not too bad though to be honest. I've not heard Singing Ax, will give that a listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts