42 inch TV with the best picture quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Looking for some help filtering down all the choices for my next TV. I am looking for the best 2D picture quality in a 42 inch (ish) package and I don't need all the other 'fluff' like internet streaming etc, the TV just has to perform with my two sources, Blu Ray and HD PVR. The TV sound is unimportant as the sources are linked to a receiver via HMDI. Naturally the TV has to be excellent at dealing with motion due to my love or watching ice hockey. The room has lots of windows so the light level is high during the day but most watching takes place at night.

Plasma? LCD? which vendor?

thanks in advance

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i am very happy with my Panasonic 42VT20... but it has a couple of minor issues which may or may not bother you.. most tvs have some issues! its pretty much pefect with blu-rays but 50hz sports from sky hd etc.. has some slight motion issues.. these are well documented so i'd recommend a demo.. i have to say the motion issues are not nearly as noticeable at 42" as they are at 50".. the other issue to consider is floating blacks - which depending on who you talk to is common to nearly all plasmas

good luck shopping

cheers,

mick

Roughneck42:

Hi,

Looking for some help filtering down all the choices for my next TV. I am looking for the best 2D picture quality in a 42 inch (ish) package and I don't need all the other 'fluff' like internet streaming etc, the TV just has to perform with my two sources, Blu Ray and HD PVR. The TV sound is unimportant as the sources are linked to a receiver via HMDI. Naturally the TV has to be excellent at dealing with motion due to my love or watching ice hockey. The room has lots of windows so the light level is high during the day but most watching takes place at night.

thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

It looks to me like the best 2D quality is requires the purchase of a 3D TV which means paying a premium for something I don't want. Going to have to wait a while until the premium comes down

A

Anonymous

Roughneck42:
Hi,

thanks in advance

With high light level, ice hockey saturday afternoon, LCD is the one - a Philips 96PFL ( 2009 model ) is a good choice as to the very matte screen, you may be able to pick one up at a bargain. Had the 32PFL96 ( now sold due to moving ) and its was superb.

But the PFL7605 ( 2010 model ) is also worth inspecting its has an almost matte screen - 7605 is the one I would selct if front screen is not too reflective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts