4 new Virgin HD channels announced

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Four channels, Living HD, FX HD, MTVNHD and National Geographic HD to be added by the end of July. Free to XL tv packages, don't know about the other packages.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, means I won't feel quite so much the poor relation among all my Sky-HD toting colleagues! (even if their Sky boxes do keep breaking down...
emotion-5.gif
)

A

Anonymous

I'm also getting Channel 4 HD too! not sure if that's such a good thing though!.......

A

Anonymous

yes u poor virgin Customers have gone far to long without HD, well C4HD is good always enjoy watching that MTVHD dont really broadcast that much in HD, FXHD is good as is National Geographic so out of the 4 Channels you have 3 good ones with MTVHD being the let down.

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ah, but ESPN in HD for 46 lovely ppremiership games this season is worth every penny.

Just a shame Sultana spoilt it by only bidding for 23 games for the following three seasons, so ESPN has the same paltry figure to work with
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

well, mustn't grumble- nat geo HD will certainally get a look in. thumbsup.

I'm guessing though, the others came in cheap? With limited HD scope you think they'd focus on movies, sport and docs. Okay so rupert will be sitting on the sky branded channels but eurosport, film4 etc HD must be do-able?

Still, a (long overdue) step in the right direction, is it still the case that the MPEG2-only V+ box is the limiting factor or have they worked around it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts