3rd year project idea

CharliejK

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
As a third-year product design student, I am currently researching my major project idea and as a lover of vinyl I would love to make a product that makes this format as accessible as possible to anyone so I was considering a high quality all in one product that also has ample vinyl storage combined with it, my questions would be
1) do you think that this has potential?
2)if you can think of any issues what might they?
I look forward to a response, thanks. Charlie

Gray

Welcome to the forum Charlie.
When it comes to vinyl, 'high quality' and 'all-in-one' don't go together.
It depends on your market of course, let's face it some people are buying vinyl to hang on their walls. An all-in-one for them might mean they at least play the discs.

So for the 'lifestyle' market you might be onto something, not for purists though.

Reactions: CharliejK
Potential issues:-
1/ the price of vinyl
2/ trying to find a market for something that has probably been tried before.....
3/ I can't see how you can make vinyl "accessible as possible" or why a lot of new buyers are going to be drawn to the format.

Gray

View attachment 1652
That just looks so wrong, but you can imagine the attraction for a certain type of customer.

D

Deleted member 108165

Ooh, a $2000 Pro-Ject Carbon based Dansette.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharliejK

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
hi there and firstly thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, my idea stems from the fact that I see lots of people buying these briefcase players and wondering why there aren't getting that fantastic vinyl experience and I would like to introduce something that is easy to use for someone that isn't big on their audio technicals and could just pick up and have a far better experience but isn't too over the top that it's going to break the bank using some lower midrange pieces of hardware that is still far better for the vinyl itself and the overall sound experience than a Crosley or that type of system possibly introducing a 'range' of products and for beginner, intermediate and audiophile levels of hardware and im aware that this product probably isn't aimed at the majority of the people on this forum as myself picked out my own system and enjoy the freedom of picking parts to go with my sound system that suit me however I feel there is a definite market for the Casual listener who wants something more without having to get things separately but the feed back is greatly appreciated for my research so thank you all for taking the time to chip in on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts