3D without glasses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
jetjohnson:Take away all the hype about 3D (and I reckon we haven't really started yet) and that proverbial elephant remains in the room i.e. whilst glasses (of whatever type) are required to watch it - it will never become a mass market product.

Glasses-free 3D is gonna take quite some time I think. I've seen a prototype set and it is extremely poor. You have to be lined up in exact positions related to the screen to see anything other than a jumbled mess and even when you are on axis the image lacks anything resembling clarity or definition. Trying to make sense of what you are looking at, for me at least, is far more straining (ie headache producing) than the demo I saw of the active shutter glasses system. As a matter of fact when I viewed the demo of the glasses-free set I got dizzy and had a bit of a vertigo feeling that required me to sit down and regain my bearings as it really tripped out my vision. Unless immensely significant leaps are made with the technology, I will be steering well clear of glasses-free 3d sets after what was a really off-putting experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts