3D TV, advice and reviews please

DrPips

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Looking to get a 3D TV, but need a 37", and I'd prefer to pick up in store. I've seen the SAMSUNG UE37D6530 37" Full HD LED 3D TV, which is in stock, but can't see any reviews for it.

I know nothing about them really, so any advice you can give would be great. Looking to spend £1000 including 5 pairs of glasses.

Thanks,

Dom
SAMSUNG UE37D6530 37" Full HD LED 3D TV

A

Anonymous

REMOVED BY MODS

Samsung is world famous barnd.If you are looking to buy samsung 3d LED,then you should by the samsung led.

A

Anonymous

Samsung D6530 is a great TV but there are some cons that can’t be ignored when spending a lot of money. I had checked some online user reviews and found that they do have ghosting on 3D images and also the web browsing is said to be too slow. I am not sure whether Samsung provides five pair of glasses with it or not though. There's a 37” full HD LED TV from LG that you should check out. The picture quality was very clear and to my surprise I didn’t experience any headache watching the 3D contents on it. I am not sure about the price of that particular model but would highly recommend you to take a look at it.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have the ue32d6530.cant fault the 3d ,have watch underworld and the 3 musketeers ,looks impressive to me.the playback with blu ray is stunning ,and can not fault DVD either.

The smart hub works well,but the browsers is slow,made worse by the use of the remote.

The only thing I would advise,is to read some postings in including mine regarding the correct settings for the picture ,motion pls etc tc.

Out of the box I was disappointed with the image quality,a lot of blurring and juddering.once I spent some time obtaining the correct setting ( the forum members were of great help ),I was impressed on the final results ,much better quality thene my Panasonic led 26 lxd70.

It was well worth the £630

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

So, u want to buy a 3D TV, right? There are 2 types of 3D TVs. Passive 3DTVs and Active 3DTVs. Passive 3DTVs are superior to active ones in many ways. Active glasses are too expensive and uncomfortable. They cause dizziness and your eyes are tired quickly. Samsung, the one you want to buy, is active 3DTV.

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
cutley7ad said:
So, u want to buy a 3D TV, right? There are 2 types of 3D TVs. Passive 3DTVs and Active 3DTVs. Passive 3DTVs are superior to active ones in many ways. Active glasses are too expensive and uncomfortable. They cause dizziness and your eyes are tired quickly. Samsung, the one you want to buy, is active 3DTV.

I havent noticed any eye issues to date...

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
If I were in your position, DrPips, I would concentrate on the set which gives the best picture in 2D on your 37" set and regard the 3D as a useful 'bonus extra'. I watch a Panasonic P50GT50 which gives great quality in 3D and splendid quality in 2D HD, and although I've only watched one film right through in 3D and enjoyed it immensly, I'm pretty sure we would have enjoyed it just as much in 2D.

The Panasonic, as you probably know, uses active shutter glasses and no-one in my family has complained of any eye problems after using them.

Good luck in your choice of set - my only comment would be that you should go for the largest set you have room for!

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have an active 3D TV set too and haven't had any problems with dizziness or headaches when using the glasses. I'd second the advice about concentrating on getting the best 2D picture possible and regarding the 3D as a bonus.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought the same TV for my inlaws on a special deal including blu ray player at the beginning of the year. I was pretty impressed by it's performance both 2D and 3D. In 3D the images have a good sense of depth and none of us experienced any discomfort or headaches etc. Though it is to be noted that the image displayed when watching 3D is only at half full resolution.

A

Anonymous

I would go with the passive 3D tv sets. There's no hassle of charging the batteries all the time. Plus, when I had friends over to watch the football matches I didn't have to worry about spending too much money on extra glasses. The passive glasses are so much cheaper. :grin:

A

Anonymous

I have a 46" Samsung C8000 and the 3D on that was ok but due to the size of the TV I never manages to emerge you into the movie due to the tunnel vision (unless you sit 80cm away)

I imagine 37" 3D wouldnt be great from a distance. I would recommend 60+ inch screen for 3D.

I have a Optoma HD33 on a 92" screen and the 3D on it is fantastic!

A

Anonymous

You are going to be buying five active glasses on a 37 inch? Those glasses are expensive and so not worth it. That is like the equivalence of a LG 47 inch 47LM670T! 37 inch screen won’t even be worth active glasses. Having 5 people watching on a small tv does not sound pleasing, I think you should reconsider.

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS

LG’s 55LM6200 is an outstanding TV, it has no negative features, and the set was very easy to set up. It has 4 HDMI ports so for once I can connect all my devices at one time instead of switching out what I want to use. The 3d is great and the 2d to 3d conversion is very nice. I already have recommended this TV to a close friend.

A

Anonymous

UNPUBLISHED BY MODS

A little late to the party but as someone recommended above, go for LG for a cheaper deal with relatively same quality. The passive 3D glasses are cheap as hell so you don't have to worry about spending extra. And maybe go for 42 inch 'cos 37 is a bit too small for a family of 5 to be honest. LG LM660T is around your price range, around £800 for the 42 inch and £1000 for the 47 inch.

A

Anonymous

A little late to the party but as someone recommended above, go for the passive 3D glasses. They are cheap as hell so you don't have to worry about spending extra for accessories. And maybe go for 42 or 47 inch 'cos 37 is a bit small for a family of 5 to be honest. Cheers. :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts