3D Projectors

stevenjonas

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I read the review on the new BenQ W1200 with interest. It did not say whether it was 3D or just 2D?

Also, I hear very good things about the new Optoma HD83, which is 3D. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Steve J

stevenjonas

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just spotted the What-HiFi review on this in my September copy. Are we approaching a time when we should have a detailed comparison of 3D home projectors, or are there just not enough about yet at reasonable prices?

Steve J.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It is not 3D Ready.

I see the review too, if this thing was 3D capable it would have been mentioned and tested during the review. Of course thats a bold assumption, so I perfomred a quick google search and it revealed that it is not.

If you have a big enough screen + room and you are ready for this.....I envy you >)

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There should be enough models out by the end of the month for a large test as most manufacturers are coming to market with one or more models. Epson are launching some very affordable units and of course Sim2 have the glorious 3DS at the other end of the scale.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. Several key new models on the way, not least the new JVC 4K-ready projectors I saw at CEDIA Expo (story here), which looked very promising.

We've just had the new Panasonic PT-AT5000E 3D projector, too - review of that in next issue (out Oct 21st).

But if you're not interested in 3D, the BenQ is a brilliant projector that punches well above its weight.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Clare,

Do you know if/when you will be reviewing the new Optoma HD33?

Also Epson EH-TW6000.

Was hoping on Panny releasing something under £1,500, but no, got one of these in mind now.

Big Thanks

TRENDING THREADS