3D pass through

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I will be getting my new tv next week, it's 3D. I have the Sony BDP 390 which isn't 3D. I'm planning on buying the Sony BDP790 as my amp does not support 3D. My question is this, with the twin HDMI's on the 790 one goes to the tv one goes to the amp I presume, does that mean there is less likelihood of there being lipsink issues?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gosh, a new and interesting question - at least to me. I've never tried using both HDMI outputs from my Oppo blu-ray player as its receiver does support 3D. When I have noticed lipsync issues with some discs I think that the audio has been later than the video. I would guess, in complete ignorance, that using both HDMI outputs from your blu-ray player will reduce audio delay, but I really don't know. Hope you hear from someone who does know!

eremis666666

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, the main reason I asked this, is the establish would It be better if amps didn't pass through at all and all blu ray players had twin HDMI outs on them? Seems to make sense to me but I have no knowledge to back it up!

Lip sync issues, of any, can be easily corrected through your amp settings. Why would all blu ray players have twin HDMI outs? Where is the incentive for the amplifier manufacturer to encourage customers to upgrade to a 3D capable one?

TRENDING THREADS