37 inch TV decision

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been reading several other threads on this board and the advice given has been very helpful.

I'll be watching mainly SD and DVDs and have decided on a 37 inch screen.

Decision time for me is between the:

Panasonic TH-37PX80 Plasma

Samsung LE37M86 LCD 1080p

Toshiba 37XV503DB LCD

I'm not convinced I need 1080p but I hear this may be useful for PC input. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Well going by the glowing reviews on here, then I would deffiantely get the Panasonic PX80. Plasma's have better motion handiling as well as improved blacks over lcd.

I have the 42" Panasonic PZ85 plasma and it's very very good. The new Panasonic's are getting rave reviews off alot of people on these forums..... myself included

A

Anonymous

Without a doubt, the best 37in around is the Panny 37PX80. There are plenty of threads about how amazing it is.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Well I can certainly wholeheartedly recommend the Panasonic - a great all round TV. Great with both SD and HD. I would stay away from the Samsung unless you intend to use it purely for HD - it's pretty bad at processing SD. I can't comment on the Toshiba as I haven't seen it. Good luck whatever you decide.

JSM15

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
I am looking at that Panasonic and Tosh myself after having seen the 32AV504 in action which impressed me, however i saw the 42XV in Comet the other day running a Blu Ray movie (Ratatouille or however you spell it?!) and there was noticeable judder and some minor motion issues from 4-5ft away so it kinda put me off.

I would say therefore that the PX80 is the best bet.

A

Anonymous

Thanks folks for all of your reply.

Bought a PX80 yesterday at John Lewis -- for £601. They price matched Sound and Vision in Bolton -- no questions asked.

Very impressed with John Lewis -- very helpful staff and no arguments re: the price match. Delivery next week!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts