35 year old hifi virgin

stevenlumb

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've just spent the last year ripping all my old CDs to the lap top, and now I'm looking for the best way to listen to them. I currently just turn the laptop on, and press play in Itunes to get a rather tinny soulless sound (although I did rip them as lossless), but realise that my collection demands more respect than this. I am only likely to listen to music in one room (approx 20ft x 20ft) and would prefer to conrol via the laptop - wirelessly if possible - as I dont at present have an ipad or smartphone although I imagine this is likely to change at somepoint in the future. I'm looking for a device(s) that can play my music with reasonable quality that will sit on a sideboard and any help/suggestions would be helpful

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
How much do you have to spend?

There are many options, but something with Airplay would seem the most straightforward.

Something like THIS with the addition of an Airport Express, or THIS which includes Airplay and would not need an AEX.

If you had a greater budget, then the speakers in my signature plus an AEX would be my personal recomendation, but you have a huge choice of equipment at your disposal.

stevenlumb

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I have a budget of around £400 but can be slightly flexible for the right product. I note that your second link suggests the same product as your first so would be thankful for your second option again please. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts