3 for 2 play.com

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I ordered for the first time at play .com but only one blu ray has arrived in its own package! I find this a bit odd and wondered if anyone else had experienced this and what happens if your order never arrives!

Cheers

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry. Play packages everything individually.

If your stuff doesn't turn up.

a. make sure it's been sent. Check your account and it should say if it's been posted. You sometimes find that they may be out of stock.

b. If it has been sent, I think their T&Cs state you should wait 14 days before contacting them. Personally, I never delete their 'Your item has been posted' emails, until I've got it and know it to be without fault. If it doesn't come within 14 days, they'll send a replacement. They've done it for me in the past.

I've used Play for years and overall I've been very happy.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ditto what Chris says - have also used them for years, only 2 items haven't turned up in all that time and they were re-sent without fuss once the 14 day wait period was over.
In fact, the packaging and sending out individually is one reason I (generally) use Play over Amazon, whereby if one thing is out of stock, it can delay everything you've ordered unless you've paid extra on the postage. At least with Play, if one thing is out of stock, that's the only one which doesn't arrive.

A

Anonymous

Thanks gents. I have checked the order and they were all posted the same day so i will have to sit tight and follow your guidence on that one.

I follow your logic on the separate packaging now too

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gander just out of interest did you find third DVD was charged at £1,99
I know this a pretty good deal anyway 3 for 2 Blu-rays, but on the check out it showed the third or cheaper DVD at £1.99, any thoughts.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I've bought a few through this deal - I guess it makes it easier somehow for their pricing / ordering system, but if you add the total of the 3 Blu-Rays, it comes to the same cost as the two most expensive Blu-Rays you chose as they will reduce one of them by £1.99 to compensate for the £1.99 charge on the free one.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
They send them separately to get through the Customs limit of £17 (or thereabouts) per item.
emotion-1.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Yep been using them for an age now and no problems whatsover..............

The only problem i have is their exchange rate is brutal.........when i order 2 its total of £36 which in todays exchange rate should be 41 Euro, however im charged 51 Euro.........tut tut.........

Still, im saving a small fortune compared to high street prices
emotion-1.gif

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I use Play. I also use HMV. Infact, if there's a CD I want I check to see who's the cheapest of the two. Both very good. No problems to report. And yes, everything comes in a single package.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok lads while were on the subject, need a bit of advice........

Have Ratatouille and Independence Day...so im looking for the third, so out of this list, if anybody has any of these BluRays, which one should i get

Die Hard- (any of them,) Cars, Kingdom of Heaven, Bank Job, Cloverfield, Day After Tomorrow, House of Flying Daggers, We Were Soldiers,The Usual Suspects, Transporter, Eastern Promises, or In The Valley of Elah..........

I have all the other good titles in the Play 3 for 2 so thats why im stumped..

Any advice welcomed

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Of the ones in the last I've seen (in Blu-Ray format anyway):
Cloverfield's soundtracks is really good and a pretty good film, Eastern Promises is a good transfer and a very good film (IMO) as is In the Valley of Elah, but aren't really "blockbusters" in that sense. Wouldn't bother with The Bank Job to be honest.
If you've got a good sound system, Cloverfield is worth considering, otherwise I'd go for one of the other two (assuming you like them as films of course!).
EDIT- oh and I wouldn't bother with the Die Hard series for now as they'll be releasing all of them in one box set soon which will no doubt have better picture / sound or, at the very least, the obligatory special features.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Professor, may i ask, how much of a presence is the 'hand held' cameras in Cloverfield? this is the only doubt i had in getting this...........Ive read terriffic review about the Audio on this one

P.S i got the Jamo A102HCS and Onkyo 606 and am very pleased with it
emotion-2.gif

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:
What about the vast number of things which cost more than £17?

I'm don't know! Stores in the Channel Islands have always got past the spirit of the law by sending things like DVDs, CDs, inkjet cartridges, 35mm film, etc split up into separately packages, each worth less than £17 to avoid import duties & VAT (one reason Tesco and even Amazon supply some stuff from the C.I.).

Not sure how it works with more expensive stuff - is it dispatched from the UK, and the VAT avoidance doesn't come into it? Possibly, as not all their hardware is cheaper than UK based suppliers.
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

I think with regard to the VAT situation the UK just chooses to ignore the import duties. It's a tax haven and while it's useful to keep it that way at the moment.

Could also have something to do with their status as crown dependencies, so not really British, but not separate.

Couldn't find a decent explanation on Wiki.

A

Anonymous

Torres09:
Cheers Professor, may i ask, how much of a presence is the 'hand held' cameras in Cloverfield? this is the only doubt i had in getting this...........Ive read terriffic review about the Audio on this one

P.S i got the Jamo A102HCS and Onkyo 606 and am very pleased with it
emotion-2.gif

Why worry about picture quality and sound if you really enjoy the movie?? I watch old movies on my 40 inch n they dont look good but the movies themselves are worth it eg: Raging Bull and Scarface.

Any way back to Cloverfield, the pic quality is great for whats its meant to look like, you gotta remember its meant to look like a home video. Plus its only tenner at asda.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
We went through this before Joel.
emotion-2.gif

Some of us watch movies like you listen to CDs, so it makes sense to own them. If I bought a CD and listened to it once, that would be silly as I could have hired it etc. whereas if I listen to it ten times or more, it's sensible to own it as this will cost less in the long run. Same with movies.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Absolutely - have you never read a book more than once?! Some of the books in my collection must have been read 20-30 times at least. Some of the films in my collection have probably been watched hundreds of times during my lifetime. Just this year, I've watched Batman Begins four times alone on Blu-Ray.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Why would you listen to a cd more than once ?

Seriously though Joel, I have a "few" films and im just glad they are not stored on vhs tapes as most of them would have worn out a long time ago. People collect films for exactly the same reasons as you collect music.

With the amount of rubbish that's on tv these days it's nice to have a "few" films ready to suit your mood.

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Ginder and Professor, just to clarify, what i was asking, as i hav'nt seen Cloverfield yet is, is the whole film shot using 'hand held' cameras or only partially?

Ive no doubt the PQ is fantastic..................im more worried about the 'sea sickness' effect ie Blair Witch Project!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Torres09:

Ginder and Professor, just to clarify, what i was asking, as i hav'nt seen Cloverfield yet is, is the whole film shot using 'hand held' cameras or only partially?

Ive no doubt the PQ is fantastic..................im more worried about the 'sea sickness' effect ie Blair Witch Project!

Yes the whole movie is shot 'handycam'.

I suffer from motion sickness big time (i almost threw up playing 'Doom' for 20 minutes), but I am fine with Cloverfield.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts