3-D why invest in it ?

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
i was going to buy one the new sony KDL-52HX903 52-inch for £2499 from currys then i read the small print!

PLEASE NOTE: For the full 3D TV experience, customers must additionally purchase a pair of 3D Glasses and a 3D Television Adapter....

g_04982313.jpg

A

Anonymous

what will you watch though , what movies are in 3d , none right now
emotion-7.gif

Tooslow

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Invest - "to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value".

No one ever invested in anything from Currys!
emotion-1.gif

JH

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
If everyone had that attitude then no one would buy any thing.......I might buy a car...but i wont fill it up with fuel.pay for servicing...mots,tyres.3D will take off..it might take a little while,but i know it will be worth the wait.i just hope it does not under price itself to soon.that way it will keep its value.and remember the tvs are for pre-order.there not out till the middle of june.the samsung i saw at what hi-fi last friday looked very good,and will be looking at the sony models on the 23rd of this month.We need something new and fresh..hd has been out for nearly 5 years...so the tv market needs fresh blood..lets not knock it before its even started.

A

Anonymous

Rather than playing about with the technology how about doing something about the content?

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
not to mention when you have your mates around to watch the footy are you gonna buy them all a pair of glasses so they get that 3-d experience?

dissapointed-watching-3d-super-bowl-ads-3d-glasses-color-code-3d-monsters-vs-aliens.jpg

A

Anonymous

tvspecv:
not to mention when you have your mates around to watch the footy are you gonna buy them all a pair of glasses so they get that 3-d experience?

dissapointed-watching-3d-super-bowl-ads-3d-glasses-color-code-3d-monsters-vs-aliens.jpg

is your mate a portsmouth fan
emotion-9.gif

2cool

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Look at the silver line, blu ray disks in 2d will fall in price so will top 1.3 hdmi cables and sky will have to subscribe 3d hd and then drop its price on 2d hd subscriptions blu ray will become the dvd of this world and 3d is only a novelty that will be nether here nor there like bd live or bonus view.

AVLee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
maxflinn:tvspecv:

is your mate a portsmouth fan
emotion-9.gif

maybe even a liverpool fan....ignoring the blue within the picture!

A

Anonymous

So every person that wishes to watch it will have to have a pair of these glasses

You have to charge these glasses, in which case every 25 hours you will have to charge them or buy battery powered ones

Every film up to now is not in 3d

You will have to buy a 3d blu ray player in order to watch 3d made films in 3d

It's taken the channel an age to move on hd, so barely any content is going to be available on television

There are still many households who have not bought hd tv's yet, so the change is going to take a long time

Every new technology is riddled with glitches, so i expect the same with this

I think 3dtv could be a real flop, but we'll see, depends how much people buy into the idea of it

A

Anonymous

Lol, wow i am staggered but also thankful, i am staying well clear

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:Yes indeed, by up to 50 per cent, as you can read in my 3D blog.

Hi Andy,

Just to point out in your blog that the picture of the '3D processor box' is actually an HDCamSR VTR (there's one sitting next to me right now !).

Rob

4434757671_5d5dc05361.jpg

TRENDING THREADS