3.1 speaker system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Advice wanted!

I have a Pioneer LX 5090 television and would like to upgrade the audio side. Due to the unusual shape of the room a system like the Yamaha YSP900 is not an option and a 5.1 system is probably unworkable as we can not cable up the rear speakers and have been advised today by a local dealer that The Kef Wireless System is not a good idea because of the possible interference that it can cause to other electrical and telephone equipment and reduction in sound quality with for example the B&W MT-30 system that we were considering (?).

Consequently I am now considering a 3.1 set up with an appropriate receiver. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Marbella:have been advised today by a local dealer that The Kef Wireless System is not a good idea because of the possible interference that it can cause to other electrical and telephone equipment and reduction in sound quality with for example the B&W MT-30 system that we were considering (?).

Did the same dealer point out to you that you shouldn't have a microwave oven, as they cook your cat's insides every time the poor moggy walks into the kitchen?

Having tested the KEF wireless system, I encountered no such problems, and thought it sounded very good indeed.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Marbella:have been advised today by a local dealer that The Kef Wireless System is not a good idea because of the possible interference that it can cause to other electrical and telephone equipment and reduction in sound quality with for example the B&W MT-30 system that we were considering (?).

Did the same dealer point out to you that you shouldn't have a microwave oven, as they cook your cat's insides every time the poor moggy walks into the kitchen?

Having tested the KEF wireless system, I encountered no such problems, and thought it sounded very good indeed.

My Dad has a cheapish Sony 5.1 speaker system with wireless rears and he has never had any problems. The Kef system is more expensive and a few years newer, the dealer is talking hogwash!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
KEF did a neat demo when launching the wireless system, which involved both a microwave and mobile phone being used at the same time as the surround system, with no adverse effects. It's not a cheap system, but the KEF certainly ingenious, and a real step up from some other wireless kit we've tested.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for all of your very helpful replies. I will pass them on to the dealer and let you know their response!

A final thought and question as your comments have encouraged me to once again consider a 5.1 system - could you please recommend a receiver to go with the B&W MT30 and a Pioneer LX5090 screen i.e Yamaha RX-V3900 or the Pioneer SC-LX81 (another local dealer are offering a 10% discount next month on Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Philips and Pioneer!!)

Regards

Marbella

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare

Thanks so much!

I will definitely audition that set up.

A final question!! Do you think that the Pionner SC-LX71 would also be worth trying out?

Regards

Marbella

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts