2nd Hand Spendor A7's value

Witterings

Interested to see what people think a 2nd hand pair of Spendor A7's in good condition is worth with the original boxes coming from a dealer with a 30 day warranty?

Also does colour affect the value .... be interested to know what the most popular speaker colour is.

Colour or veneer type will definitely affect value as the old Black Ash is terrible in my opinion.
However from what I understand all the various Spendor finishes are the same price, i.e. £3950
i would expect speakers to be between half and two thirds of the price they are when new.
Fanthorpes recently sold an ex demo pair for £2550

Reactions: nopiano
Interested to see what people think a 2nd hand pair of Spendor A7's in good condition is worth with the original boxes coming from a dealer with a 30 day warranty?

Also does colour affect the value .... be interested to know what the most popular speaker colour is.
How old are they? Are they like new with boxes, or a bit marked and maybe collection only? All these things matter.

I agree with Al that black is least desirable. Oak or walnut or cherry are usually popular with British brands.

This is a great place to check…

Reactions: Al ears
I like black :)
Lots do, even if they deny themselves a silver Luxman! ;)

Black features in most speaker lines, iirc. In fact I can scarcely think of one that doesn’t. Well, actually the KEF LS60 doesn’t, and probably the LS50 meta either. (My LS50 were Black Edition, so I’m not against it!)

My ATCs come in satin black or woodgrained black, as well as white and cherry. Two black finishes - but no oak, maple or rosewood until you reach five figures.

Nevertheless, my non-statistical take on trawling speaker ads for the last five or six years is that black tends to stick around longer or get priced a bit lower.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Witterings

I like black :)

Are we still talking speakers ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... Sorry my bad, couldn't resist.

I quite like black but it's what fits in the room (same colour as my exiting speakers) and generally other dark colours like Walnut ... I don't like light Oak but have the option on a decent pair of 2nd hand A7's in that colour for a reasonable price.

Can't decide whether to buy them and live with a colour I really don't want or bide my time but "reasonably" priced 2nd hand don't come up that often.

Guess I'm more concerned with whether I could get most of my money back if a preferred colour came up at a similar price in the not too distant future.

Witterings

That’s why I asked about condition, boxes and suchlike. Being able to post safely massively widens your market on the likes of eBay. You can’t post speakers without them!

Bloomin expensive to send them though, I've done it once before and it was £84 with the insurance which is a large part of it.
I've got some old Acoustic Energy Evo 3's I'm going to sell soon but their value doesn't justify posting as it'd be more than 1/2 their worth but yes you're definitely right, you see some speakers go for not much on e-bay where they won't post them.

Bloomin expensive to send them though, I've done it once before and it was £84 with the insurance which is a large part of it.
I've got some old Acoustic Energy Evo 3's I'm going to sell soon but their value doesn't justify posting as it'd be more than 1/2 their worth but yes you're definitely right, you see some speakers go for not much on e-bay where they won't post them.
I learned from a couple of dealers and a regular eBay trader not to bother with extra insurance. It sounds daft, but there are so many exclusions hence payouts rarely get made, and unless you photograph every stage you’ll be unable to prove what went in didn’t come out.

Get a receipt, signed for, or DPD or whatever, but just pack as if they’re going to be dropped onto the path from chest height in the back of a van, and you should be fine!

My brand new ATCs were only couriered from Stroud factory to Bath (about 30 miles) where I collected them. But one corner of one box was sufficiently bashed in to have ‘bruised’ the internal cloth the speakers were wrapped in. That packaging is used for international shipping so, it shows you can never be100%.

Conversely I sold some headphones, posted Royal Mail Signed For. Never got a signature, and RM refunded the postage and £50 basic cover. I got paid for them too! The buyer never responded to my requests to say she’d received them.

Reactions: Witterings

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts