2nd hand phono stage

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am all set for getting a cambridge audio 640p in black start of november.

i cam across a few

musical fidelity x-lp for around £100 mark love the look just want to get it comfirmed that it is a standard mm stage and will it blend well with the genie2 with a 2m red(getting off mrs for xmas) on it going through a arcam alpha 9 amp thats where i should be buy xmas.

i also like the look of the project phono box se which can be had for around £90.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my Uniti I needed a phono stage so bought a Project Phono box 2 second hand off eBay for £50, with the intention of it being a stop gap until I had the funds to buy a decent one. To be honest it is a great little performer and I've put my plans for a matching Naim Stageline phono amp on hold, I'm so pleased with it. My Naim dealer assures me that the Naim Stageline phono stage would show significant improvements, well he would wouldn't he? I'm sure it is a good piece of kit but I'm enjoying my Systemdek/Pro-Ject combo so much that the intended money for a Stageline (£250 ish) can now be put to a new cartridge or headphones instead.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
the phono box 2 any chance you could post a link so i could make sure im tracking the right one sounds good and i will not really be able to afford much better than the stuff i have so it will be ideal

Smuggs,

Options a' plenty out there but you might like to think a little about future proofing.

I went through quite a few phono stages but should have gone straight for something like a Trichord Dino (quite reasonable price if you can find one on the 'Bay), as will cater for both MM and MC cartridges. If at some point you upgrade to a low output MC you will be sorted!

Regards

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Alears:
Smuggs,

Options a' plenty out there but you might like to think a little about future proofing.

I went through quite a few phono stages but should have gone straight for something like a Trichord Dino (quite reasonable price if you can find one on the 'Bay), as will cater for both MM and MC cartridges. If at some point you upgrade to a low output MC you will be sorted!

Regards
I agree with Alears. Trichord all the way and you can get a bargain on ebay. I got mine (MK1 though) like new for £138.00- I love it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts