Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Clickz

FZBpIvh.png

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
General impression is that pop music is fusing with hiphop and dance music, or goes completely indie depressive/longing/drifting/whatever.

manicm

The list just seems soup of the day. But I guess hence the title the future of pop music. I'm more interested in the future of music, full stop. Anyway the fusion of pop and hiphop has been happening for the last 30 years so that's old hat. You can't predict the future of music by gleaning the top 20 chart.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I usually find there are few things further from my taste in music than Music in the US charts. Whenever I see a billboard countdown, etc. my reaction is who are these people and who buys this music?!?

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I think justin B is a bit of a t#t. But some of his music is very catchy and new sounding- well produced - great choreography too. Whenever he appears on a show he always seems to put in a bit of an apology for his previous poor behaviour. Just grow up Justin - just don't misbehave - then you will have nothing to apologize for. Just concentrate on the music etc - you are very talented.

tonky

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Controversial!!...... *shok*

Popular music we know will continue to pillage 'black music' from Jamaica and the USA 'urban' scene till the likes of the mobo awards consist of only 'artists' of European origin.

Folk, classical, indie, metal and other music of European origin will continue to decline as first choice on radio and music tv as we have seen since the 80's......

What's funny is 'black music' samples alot of European music with little to no originality of its own.

So in the end it will just be fusion - with artist looking further and further afield for something new.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
To read the entire report but what my take is that most pop is about selling the the sheep like masses and not real music. Thats why i stick to my genre of old school 90s but in about all the weeds are a few flowers.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Old fart2 syndrome.....

Once upon a time Elvis, Brown, Dylan, the Beatles..... Kylie Minogue it wad all devil music, rubbish, tripe.....some could not understand how some listen to it etc...blah blah.

Fight it off...... It's the beginning of the end.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Old fart2 syndrome.....

Once upon a time Elvis, Brown, Dylan, the Beatles..... Kylie Minogue it wad all devil music, rubbish, tripe.....some could not understand how some listen to it etc...blah blah.

Fight it off...... It's the beginning of the end.

no, a lot of it was crap.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
The epidemic could be worse than I thought........nurse, prep the vaccine!

I like New music, actually while I love the stuff I own and grown up with, I'm still very interested in the modern stuff - all types too.

Today's rubbish is tomorrow's classics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts