24 fps and HDMI 1.3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
O.K, so there is a lot of confusion regarding compatability to HDMI 1.3 and 24 fps. I have a Philips 32PF9731D set which at some time soon I hope to add a Blu Ray player of some sort supporting 24 fps and HDMI v1.3. What I want to know is, if I run the player through say the TX-SR505 Onkyo AV receiver will my TV support the 24 fps? Is the HDMI port on the TV version 1.3 compatible ? Will there be any problems if they don't match?? Well is it any wonder the consumer is confused !!!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
When you plug the Blu-Ray player via HDMI into your tv it will auto select the highest possible resolution, so if your set is not a 1080p one then it wont show a native 1080/24fps signal no matter what you route the signal via.

A

Anonymous

you do not have to run your player at 24fps. My tv doesn't support it and unless you are really picky about a v small amount of stuttering (you have to look for it as i don't find it that obvious on a 40" screen) when the camera pans across a distant horizon. I just turned the 24fps off on the players set up. I'd imagine that the bigger the screen or the nearer to it you are, the more noticeable it would be. After all, how long have we managed to be impressed by dvd quality in "standard" playing speed. I cant ever recall anyone mentioning "juddering" on dvd's very often at all.

TRENDING THREADS