2009 Panasonic TX-P42G15B HDMI connections.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me whether any of the four HDMI sockets on my TV are CEC or ARC enabled, please? I suspect that they are that they are not.
I have a Bose TV speaker, and would like to be able to control it's volume using the TV remote, mainly because it says I could, but it's not a huge issue.
I suppose I could connect it to a new Samsung telly, to test it out.

Can anyone tell me whether any of the four HDMI sockets on my TV are CEC or ARC enabled, please? I suspect that they are that they are not.
I have a Bose TV speaker, and would like to be able to control it's volume using the TV remote, mainly because it says I could, but it's not a huge issue.
I suppose I could connect it to a new Samsung telly, to test it out.
Can't you find a manual online?

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hello, Al, yes, I still have the manual, but as far as I can see, audio signals can only be input on any of the four inputs.
I think it's too old for such exotic electronic trickery as CEC or ARC.
CO

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Totally agree, Al, but the picture's still good, better on 1080P, so it's going to stay a while longer, especially as the sound is far better with the TV soundbar.
It's also saving wear of my Uniti, which we were using to improve the abysmal sound from the telly.
And possibly a new 8K set by the time when we need to replace it.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
I have two Panasonics here a 2009 which is the one been talked about and the 2010 PX46 G20B i think model now there is very little difference in them except for two things The USB x 2 port (which the 2009 model) does not have and the fact it can actually connect direct through , what was the Panasonic server directly You can can get into the server tells you about updates and there poor version of Internet service (2010) and thats about it think both are very similar useing Netflex and Amazon service and Sky The bigger picture is better only for the size not thatit is a better TV in everyday usage ! Both have 1080P i also use 523i on my third satellite which is poor compared with 1080P as would be expected. Sound from both is the same (just from standard speakers.) But when i connected my old Pioneer 43 2005 model with sound bar and two extra speakers built into the TV the whole house shook ! But i sold the TV because it was not 1080P but i think 750i /P By the way do not wall mount any PLASMA they tend to get screen burn or over heat. Once my one year ! TV give up the ghost still be looking for another PLASMA. If i had the choice PIONEER vs PANASONIC of say 2010 model it would have to be the PIONEER . But Pioneer much rare to find a good one unless someone asking the earth ie £250

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I had a response from Panasonic UK, who suggested using HDMI 3 or 4, but I'm still unable to make it work, so we now just mute the telly and use the Bose remote, it's not a problem, really.
And if I want the best sound for music programmes, I still have the Uniti. I really enjoyed the Pink Floyd programmes on Sky Arts the other night.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts