2009 Awards

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We don't formally choose runners-up, but much of the Awards text in the magazine explains why a product excelled over (named) rivals.

In the case of the Dali Fazon, it just didn't do enough over the B&W MT-30 package to secure the Award win. It's an excellent product, but the B&W pips it on performance-per-pound.

However, online here right now, you can win a set of the Dali Fazon speakers for free - now for that money, it'd have definitely been a winner!

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I hope you can help. I am looking at replacing my Samsung BDP-2500 and wondered which of these you would recommend for Blu-ray and DVD (mostly music) for best picture and the best sound over Analogue 7.1 into my Arcam AVR280 onto an Infocus IN76 Projector.

1. Oppp BDP-831 -£450

2. Sony BDP-S760 - £379

3. Denon DBP-2010 - £599

or Pioneer BDP-51FD - used bargain £200/£270 new.

or Sony BDP-S5000ES and cripple myself for the cause!

Cheers.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I would imagine the answer would be the Sony......
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Pete,

Do you mean the 'sell my kids' Sony or the 760?

Cheers.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
The 760 has the picture processing software from the Kid-Swapper, so I would (and will most likely) go for that. Check out Sevenoaks too, for a better deal that you've mentioned above. Note also, there may be further discounting in the run-up to Christmas.

In any case, perhaps you can upgrade something else with the money you get for the kids? A holiday too?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the information. I think I'll await the Blu-ray review face-off and wait for the Sony BDP-S760 to drop in price. You have saved me selling 2 of 3 kids.

Cheers.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, yes I meant the cheaper Sony (760).......I'd wait till after xmas and see if they get down to £300 by then (or be out of stock everywhere, how WHF have given it the Award!!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts