2 or 2.1 system for my tv and music?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I'm looking for a speaker system for my tv but I also want it good enough for playing music through. My wife doesn't want loads of speakers in the room so ideally it would be 2 small speakers and a bass unit that we could hide somewhere. Even better if the speakers are white to blend into our room.

The audio will be coming direct out of my tv (probably the headphone socket?) as I have a few sources going into the tv - my ps3 and my laptop so I can play spotify through it.

I don't want to spend too much money on it but want decent quality so don't mind buying something a few years old or second hand if the quality is good.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at CA minx 2.1 system. Designed specifically for what your after and it's available in a gloss white. Very stylish little system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks - only problem I can see with that Q solution (the one that attatches to the tv) is that it says it only accomodates up to a 42" tv - I have a 45" tv but also - my tv is set in a resess in the wall slightly so I don't really have that much extra space either side of the tv..

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Can I pick-up on something you said in your opening post: why would you need to use the headphone socket? Most TVs except some portables have a line-out at the back. This will generally give you better SQ than the headphone socket and the sound from your attached devices should still pipe through it.

A

Anonymous

Last tv I had only had hadphone out - wasn't great.

I recently bought a samsung LED tv - I'll check to see if it has any other output options - I just assumed that was my only choice from past experience.

Hello Loydall,

I'm biased fo course, but I think the Q Acoustics Q-TV solution will do the job rather well. The Q-TV2X version, which is the same as the Q-TV2 but with longer arms, adjusts to perfectly match televisions with screen sizes from 42" to 50".

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I heard the new H/K BDS 470 (Harman Kardon) blu-ray system the other day and now my sister is getting this system herself. For what it does it was quite impressive, I must say. Plus it looked the part! Stylish to a fault! For a 2.1-system it does cost a bit though.

Harman_Kardon_BDS_470_Vit_Bakgrund.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts