2 budget systems - Which will sound better

SG AC 2020

Nov 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I've decided to go for a budget record player set up in a relatively small double bedroom and I've got two similarly priced set ups in mind. What I want is the tactile experience of playing a record but also a different sound experience to just plugging good headphones into my phone and playing something off Spotify.

So, the two options are:

Rega Planar 1 record player
Q acoustic 3020i speakers
Onkyo a-9110 amp

Vs

Rega Planar 1 plus
Ruark Mr1 mk2 active speakers or Klipsch R-14PM

I suspect there'll be no discernible difference between the two but this is my first hifi system so would be good to hear some experienced views. I don't want to go any higher budget wise (under £700)

Thanks.

Last edited:

DCarmi

Not classifying myself as having "experienced views". It might just be me, but the Onkyo looks difficult to find.

For a small-ish bedroom you might consider the Rega P1 plus and a Denon DM-41DAB. Decent sounding system, fairly compact and has radio, cd and bluetooth input. Also works as radio/cd alarm. There are a couple of optical ports so a connecting e.g. a TV would be possible. With the stock Denon speakers, it should just about come in on budget.

I have the Denon in the bedroom (no turntable connected as it is on the system downstairs) and am really happy with it. If I had space for a turntable in the bedroom, the P1 Plus is what I would add.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts