17 New Sony Bravia Models @ CES

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Still haven't had confirmation on which new Bravias will make it to the UK, and by when - but Sony's having a huge dealer conference this very week that should sort out a lot of these issues (ie if John Lewis, Amazon, Dixons etc like it and order loads, it'll come to the UK!).

I wouldn't expect anything before March/April time - and Sony was even later last year (June-ish, as I recall) with its product update.

matthewpiano

There is also an event for Sony Centre Managing Directors this coming weekend which will quite likely provide more clarity on product launches ahead. I wouldn't expect a great deal until the 2nd quarter of the year though and I would imagine that most of the focus will be on updating the present 32" range with the current W3000 and X3000/3500 ranges more than likely remaining for quite a while yet. Of particular interest will be any changes to the lower priced models in the 40" range following the 40S3000 model being discontinued and Sony's intentions of keeping to 1080p sets only from this size upwards. If I hear anything that isn't classified information I'll let you know.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your extra insight.

The 1080p aspect is intriguing - the US is defintiely getting Full HD at 32in and above in some Sony lines, and Samsung, Pana and others are talking about this being the new entry-point for 1080p....

TRENDING THREADS