16GB not enough for retina display-optimised iPad apps

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

While I appreciate that it is difficult comparing like with like, the absolute poverty that these people suffer just cannot be imagined here in England.

Neither can it be justified.

Here we are sitting in our nice warm living rooms tapping away at our fancy Computers and Laptops.....looking at our Big Screen TVs while the workers hug each other in the dormatory trying to keep warm while likes of Apple and other big corporates screw the workers into the ground and do not give a toss about the workers or living conditions.

Why do you think so many want to come here to live?.....that is if they can escape of course. :)

A

Anonymous

I'm intrigued why boozercruiser is offering arguements againt apple and their practices whilst posting about new deals on the iPad 2...

A

Anonymous

Please do not be intrigued any longer M8. Please allow me to explain. :)

If I where to totally carry through my objections to how a lot of big businesses conduct themselves then I would probably hardly buy or use anything.

Everyday we are ripped off and overcharged by the Utility Companys like Gas and Electricity,Banks, phone, councils etc. etc. etc.

Most of the clothing we wear and the food we eat is made or produced by poor downtrodden souls in the sweat shops of China, Taiwan, Pakistan and all of the other poor sodden parts of the planet.

Even if I wanted to carry my Principles to the max and not be a hypocrit by not buying a ruddy thing from all above companies and organisations it is mission impossible to avoid doing so.

In any case, this lovely Forum gives us the opportunity to have a rant if one is minded to, and try to save some people cash at the same time.

I will continue to try and do that, even though some issues and companies hiss me off.

In the meantime, please let us spare a thought for the poor sad individuals who are instumental in allowing us to lead our life of luxury while we are paying out for the latest overpriced Rip off I Pad!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
boozercruiser said:
Please do not be intrigued any longer M8. Please allow me to explain. :)

If I where to totally carry through my objections to how a lot of big businesses conduct themselves then I would probably hardly buy or use anything.

Everyday we are ripped off and overcharged by the Utility Companys like Gas and Electricity,Banks, phone, councils etc. etc. etc.

Most of the clothing we wear and the food we eat is made or produced by poor downtrodden souls in the sweat shops of China, Taiwan, Pakistan and all of the other poor sodden parts of the planet.

Even if I wanted to carry my Principles to the max and not be a hypocrit by not buying a ruddy thing from all above companies and organisations it is mission impossible to avoid doing so.

In any case, this lovely Forum gives us the opportunity to have a rant if one is minded to, and try to save some people cash at the same time.

I will continue to try and do that, even though some issues and companies hiss me off.

In the meantime, please let us spare a thought for the poor sad individuals who are instumental in allowing us to lead our life of luxury while we are paying out for the latest overpriced Rip off I Pad!

+1.

Very nicely said!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
boozercruiser said:
...poor downtrodden souls in the sweat shops of China, Taiwan, Pakistan and all of the other poor sodden parts of the planet.

Taiwan? Where have you been for the last 30 years? Infant mortality for instance (always a good measure of living standards) is better than the European Union average and far better than in the USA. Life expectancy has shot up to 75 (men) and 81 (women).

Taiwanese living standards have overtaken those in Japan in the last couple of years.

Even China has seen the number of people living in 'absolute poverty' drop from 85 percent of it's total population to 16 percent since 1971 (as measured by external agencies not it's own figures) and the trend continues.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps Taiwan has seen some improvements in living standards....but generaly speaking my theme that most goods we buy are produced in sweat shops by the downtrodden of the Planet is correct.

I saw a program recently about the workers who work in the fancy 5 star hotels of some resorts in far flung countrys.

The workers have a tiny time to clean and set up a room for the next visitor, working 12 hours shifts for peanuts.

Then it took you to the living conditions where the poor sods had to live and sleep. In dormatories most of them.

The lucky ones had a room in a rubbish and rat filled shanty town with raw sewer stuff drifting past the door. :help:

This is going on in most of the Countries I mention so my main theme of the poor of the world being exploited in an awfull way is spot on.

Come to think of it.....some workers in our Country are exploited also! |(

Put me right a bit on Taiwan if that makes you feel better, BUT....you get the general griff though do you M8 that we are the lucky ones while millions out there are decidedly not? :)

A

Anonymous

So who is 'lecturing' then M8? :hand: I am just giving an opinion, that is all if this is O.K. with you?

And did you not read this?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
boozercruiser wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please do not be intrigued any longer M8. Please allow me to explain.
smile.png

In the meantime, please let us spare a thought for the poor sad individuals who are instumental in allowing us to lead our life of luxury while we are paying out for the latest overpriced Rip off I Pad.

A

Anonymous

I just asked a question....no offence or insult was intended...(I have edited my post)...BUT...I also do not take kindly to being accused of lecturing here.

"I love being lectured". I note that know one saw fit to delete that as possibly being offencive to me?

I did take offence |( at that as all I ever want to do here is help people to try and obtain either a bargain or good service.

If that possible bargain happens to be an I Pad2 for £299 then I put my feelings of Apple overcharging and screwing the workers to one side if someone somewhere is happy for a cheap I Pad.

Lets face it, generally speaking Apple Screw down the price of it's product and will not allow retailers to sell under a fixed price. Just try and get the I Pad3 for under £399.....mission impossible....but some retailers I am sure would like to be able to sell cheaper...but are not allowed. :)

A

Anonymous

I agree with you andy. :clap:

After all the actual post is a good one which is just stating a fact.....

"16GB not enough for retina display-optimised iPad apps".

Well, no it is not, and I just feel that Apple could have addressed this by now...if it wanted to by at least adding a micro SD slot. Just like Asus and others have!

Nothing further from me on this post thank goodness. :silenced:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts