13 headphone video review

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's a 13-headphone look at the Sennheiser Amperior, Momentum, HD280 Pro, PX200II, Shure 1840, ATH ESW9A, v-moda M80, Logitech UE6000 and UE4000, B&W P3 and P5, Apple Earpods, and Frends Taylor.

http://youtu.be/or_5_dNPzsA

A

Anonymous

Top stuff as always Dale. Great presentation. Love the way you throw the headsets around!
smiley-smile.gif
Go on, try some more Frends headphones - I dare you! Are they named Taylor after Taylor Swift? There may be some Britneys and Rihannas next!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There's a Taylor and a Layla - I can't remember who the Taylor is but I don't think it's Taylor Swift. Whoever it is, I can't imagine they actually had this headphone in hand and listened to it. But it's a major feature at the Apple store now.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got around to watching this. Awesome comparison review Dale!

You didn't seem quite so positive about the UE6000 this time, has the ESW9A pushed it back a notch in your opinions? Oh and I heard some really great things about the Philips Fidelio L1 recently too, do you still rate that one up with these better headphones?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
quadpatch said:
Just got around to watching this. Awesome comparison review Dale! You didn't seem quite so positive about the UE6000 this time, has the ESW9A pushed it back a notch in your opinions? Oh and I heard some really great things about the Philips Fidelio L1 recently too, do you still rate that one up with these better headphones?

The Philips L1 is still an excellent headphone with some bass reduction. Foobar2000 does a good job with that on the desktop, but for portable use in my world the bass reducer on i-devices thins it out just a little too much. So it's OK, but limited use. The UE-6000 is similar in some ways - usable IMO only in Active mode, where the treble becomes a trifle bright but OK, and the bass is huge but responds to bass reducer well. So what I'm left with with the 6000 is a reduced bass that's fine (if not ideal), and a treble that verges on bright that makes a few tracks not so enjoyable. The good news about the 6000 is that best-sound mode also gets you noise canceling, which I think works very well despite what I hear from others. In the end I'd say the 6000 is a good bet when you really need noise canceling, but otherwise there are better sounds for the price - the ESW9A a good example.

TRENDING THREADS