100,000 posts and counting!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

10% staff involvement. Speaks volumes. Take a bow, team WHF!

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Congrats on the achievement, won't be too long 'til you get to seven figures
emotion-1.gif

It's a great site, and I really like the fact that the mag staff post so often. Very refreshing change from some other sites.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
bigblue235:
Congrats on the achievement, won't be too long 'til you get to seven figures
emotion-1.gif

It's a great site, and I really like the fact that the mag staff post so often. Very refreshing change from some other sites.

Well, we try our best
emotion-2.gif
, but I've long since given up trying to keep up with Mr Everard, who never seems to sleep...

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Graham_Thomas:ÿHow about a celebratory competition - win a date listening to new kit with Clare, Andy or Andrew (depending on your orientation/and or taste)?

Watch this space - we've got all sorts of plans....ÿ

Watching.... :)

A

Anonymous

Just a quick niggle - once posted, it takes you back to the beginning of the thread, rather than straight to the post you have just done.

T

the record spot

Any possibility you can add a drop-down menu to the foot of the page which links you to the other sections of the forum (i.e. from this page, I could go to the Radio section for instance), rather than having to scroll all the way back up?

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Yep, we're aware of that issue - just a bug in this version of the Forum software, which we're upgrading next month....thanks for your patience!

Thanks Clare. Should you really be 'working' on a Saturday?
emotion-1.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Pah! Weekends are for wimps
emotion-15.gif

Well, now the sun's gone in I've dragged myself inside and on to the Forums and am having a nice cold beer...
emotion-22.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:

Clare Newsome:Pah! Weekends are for wimps
emotion-15.gif

Well, now the sun's gone in I've dragged myself inside and on to the Forums and am having a nice cold beer...
emotion-22.gif

You've obviously been busy elsewhere too. Good job on getting the man from Arcam to join us, I hope he stays once he had some more character-testing questions which will no doubt follow. Do you count other industry names as friends which may occasionally could join?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
There are many in the industry who read these Forums - we know, because they soon start commenting to us about posts they do/don't like - and we're trying to encourage them to join in the fray themselves....

However, they're busy people with their own businesses/lives, and I think some see how much time/effort we're putting into it (and how demanding people can get if we're off the Forums for a few hours!) and aren't keen to set unrealistic expectations re their involvement.

But I'd love to be proved wrong
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
There are many in the industry who read these Forums - we know, because they soon start commenting to us about posts they do/don't like - and we're trying to encourage them to join in the fray themselves....

However, they're busy people with their own businesses/lives, and I think some see how much time/effort we're putting into it (and how demanding people can get if we're off the Forums for a few hours!) and aren't keen to set unrealistic expectations re their involvement.

emotion-2.gif

Good morning Clare
emotion-2.gif

I don't think I am going to get anywhere near your 3,700 posts any time soon! My own policy is to try to add helpful technical or market background information from time to time, where it seems relevant. Hopefully that will make the forums more valuable for everyone.

John

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Morning (or make that just afternoon) John, and a very warm welcome to our Forums - it's been great to see you up here, and hope, as you mention, you'll become a regular contributor, as well as encouraging fellow industry folk to get equally involved.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

John Arcam Dawson:Clare Newsome:

emotion-2.gif

Good morning Clare
emotion-2.gif

I don't think I am going to get anywhere near your 3,700 posts any time soon! My own policy is to try to add helpful technical or market background information from time to time, where it seems relevant. Hopefully that will make the forums more valuable for everyone.

John

Afternoon John, any spare CD17s for 'evaluation' and 'home test' for me? Nice to see another manufacturer on here. Welcome.

Is there a possibility of upgrading the DAC in the CD192 to the Wolfson 8471?

Yours Fanboi.
emotion-1.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi John

Glad you finally made it on to the Forums after our little - ahem - technical difficulties on Friday! The internet, don't you love it?
emotion-12.gif
Anyway, welcome to the fray and please fell free to post away...

TRENDING THREADS