10 years on...........................time for a new Sub?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I have a Storm III sub, see signature, do these things become less effective/need upgrading/ obsolete in terms of design as time moves on??

Couple of reasons to ask..................has technology moved on to an extent that I am missing out?

Secondly there does seem to be some good deals around,just noted on Sevenoaks site that they have some excellent deals on REL and the PV1 also, plus others.

Thanks all

A

Anonymous

There are specific different types of technology I think. Like bi-polar subs.. Vibration cancling.. in wall. etc. But I think if you have a Custom Installer.. These guys seem to always help and tell you what's perfect for your set-up and room.

:)

A

Anonymous

If your happy with amount of bass it produces and it's timing with music and movies, I don't see why you should have to change it, unless it's sounding a little fatigued of course, 10 years is along time to be thumping out tunes.

Besides the PV1, conventional subwoofer design has not come on leaps and bounds, yes improvements have been made, but nothing really life changing IMO.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply..........................and you have summed up the dilemma very nicely viz: If your happy with amount of bass it produces and it's timing with music and movies, I don't see why you should have to change it, unless it's sounding a little fatigued of course, 10 years is along time to be thumping out tunes.

I don't know ................hence the question, and I'm trying to gauge what I should expect?

A

Anonymous

If I where you I would take with you to your local dealer and pitch it against a couple of subwoofers of the same level / budget and test a couple of scenes / pieces of music you are familiar with and see if you perceive any benefit in changing it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts