1 subwoofer 2 setups??

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hi i have hit a problem when i play call of duty of watch a film i need a sub to keep up with my speakers i only have cheap £100 eltax sub so im looking at around the £250 mark which i like the reviews of the bk gemini which sounds to be about the level of my monitor audio speakers.

Now comes the problem i am early next year getting some B&W cm1's as my hifi speakers i have listened to them 3 times in shops and they are what i love. but the mrs loves her dance,r&b like chase and status,faithless,bloc party and see would like some extra bass but i like peter green,paul weller,neil young,melody gardot ect and late at night i dont want to have a sub on. and i really dont like any sub £750 floorstanders.

so what im after is a cable going from my denon1909 and one cable going from alpha9 to a box and the one to sub and i can switch between them is this possible.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
quick question if i buy a sub with low level input that is one rca to rca easy from my home cinema amp.

as for my hifi amp i have pre amp out left and right would i use just one of them or do i need a cable that is twin and turns into a single input.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i now have done some research and i can have a low level connection from my av amp and a high level connection from the speaker b on my arcam alpha9 amp. and they can have there own filter settings so thats good. but i am still unsure if say im listening music and then the yound turns my home cinema amp up how will work on getting 2 signals or will i switch between them on the sub.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
That's how I'm running my sub. Low level from my A/V receiver and high level from my Arcams. I'm careful to ensure I never have music & movies playing at the same time.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks chris thats the sub i want in about 10years when i have enough money. when i listen to music i always put the denon volume right down but i may put an inline switch on the single low level been looking at toggle switchs at rs and maplins and it looks easy so i mount it above the sub and just switch it off whe i play music. And the music will be easy i just turn speaker b off when im not listening to music.

thanks again nice to know someone out using 1 sub for both

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
That's how I'm running my sub. Low level from my A/V receiver and high level from my Arcams. I'm careful to ensure I never have music & movies playing at the same time.

I do the same and it works fine. Like Chris I only have one amp playing at a time. Only nuisance is need to set the crossover differently for each

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts