\0/ Finally.....

D

Deleted member 195594

The Dalis have arrived. To be honest, they arrived a few days ago, but due to Mrs. Ps declining health over recent months, I stuck them in the corner & forgot about them.

Only just fired them up, so I'll update you guys after a few days so I can acclimatise to the sound
Exciting 👍

Reactions: plastic penguin
Hope you Enjoy those Rubbies as much as I'm enjoying the neats....also sounding excellent straight from the box.
Regards to Mrs Pp and hope she gets better soon.
It's a bit mad. Everyone expects new speakers to have a period to burn in. When I demoed the Harbeths and Amphions, they were fresh from the factory but sounded wonderful immediately. No doubt if I had kept them for more than a week they would have improved.

Reactions: skinnypuppy71
You got new speakers and forgot about them?

I thought my memory was bad...
Memory is great, Mrs. Ps very serious health issues isn't.

No matter how good hi-fi is, people's health takes priority.

Very out of character for me not to whip it out of the box immediately and hook them up. A month or so ago I was in two minds whether to cancel the order. Pleased I didn't as they have now bucked my mood up.

Friesiansam

Memory is great, Mrs. Ps very serious health issues isn't.

No matter how good hi-fi is, people's health takes priority.

Very out of character for me not to whip it out of the box immediately and hook them up. A month or so ago I was in two minds whether to cancel the order. Pleased I didn't as they have now bucked my mood up.
Please accept my apology, offending post deleted.

Reactions: Al ears
Just a little update on the 2nd full day. I've not directly compared the Dalis to the PMCs yet. The initial thoughts are.

Incredibly cohesive sounding, the highs are cleaner without being bright. The bass is very deep for a small speaker, but so well defined and beautifully dispersed soundstage, it avoids any lumpiness.

Haven't cranked the volume up too much, trying to bed them in gently. But the little extra volume I have tried both amp and speakers sound 'as one'. Above all else, they immerse you into the heart of the music.

Fab combo.

treesey

Just a little update on the 2nd full day. I've not directly compared the Dalis to the PMCs yet. The initial thoughts are.

Incredibly cohesive sounding, the highs are cleaner without being bright. The bass is very deep for a small speaker, but so well defined and beautifully dispersed soundstage, it avoids any lumpiness.

Haven't cranked the volume up too much, trying to bed them in gently. But the little extra volume I have tried both amp and speakers sound 'as one'. Above all else, they immerse you into the heart of the music.

Fab combo.

Sounds like the difference I hear between the 752s and my PMCs...

Reactions: plastic penguin
This will be the critical test (y)
Probably not as critical as one might think. As I've owned the amp over 12 years, I feel like the equivalent to a hi-fi whisperer in that I can tell, almost immediately, if speakers and such like is right or not.

If you remember back to the original thread from earlier this year, the home and shop demos were great with impressive speakers but on more than one occasion I kept referring back to the Dalis. As a consequence i went back for a second demo, taking the Argon 1s with me. My daughter came along with me. The Dalis were very noticeably better all-rounders than the Amphions.

From this early stage the Dalis sound better than the TB2s, not by huge amounts but...

Last edited:
Well, I've compared the Dalis with the TB2s for the first time.

Both speakers are beautifully built, as you would expect within their price bracket. I always knew this would be a tough gig, both are incredible. So is £1800 of Dalis worth the investment? Some might say 'no' while others would say 'yes'.

For the first time I've spent some time with various CDs and vinyl, which for the first couple of days I didn't-- just using the Dalis through the TV and Freeview radio.

After a couple of hours this morning swapping back and forth between speakers.

In many respects the Dalis are more sophisticated sounding, there's a tiny bit of extra of clarity, detail throughout all the frequencies. Realism is slightly improved on the PMCs. The only flaw in the Dalis, if you can term it as a flaw, is they are harder to drive. That doesn't seem a problem to amp, it's incredibly ballsy for a 80 watter.

I'll spend another couple of days comparing....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts