£500/600 budget for new wireless-based system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, new poster here so be gentle.

I'm really after a bit of advice here. I've owned a B&W Zeppelin for the last 3 years and liked it a lot. However, now I have a bit more floor space available to me and a few extra quid budget, so i'm after something new. I've been out of the hi-fi game so all this new wireless gear is a tad confusing!!

Obviously the Zeppelin Air is a tempting prospect as my music collection is now pretty much CD-less and just on the Mac & portable hard drive. Should I get the Air or maybe branch out into a seperate wireless set-up with seperate speakers?

There's too much bloomin' choice!!!

Any advice/system recommendations would be really, really appreciated. Budget around £600.

A

Anonymous

All my music is via iTunes & AirPlay now; one reason why I got the Marantz CR603!

That, with a wireless ethernet bridge, your wifi & music sources and some Monitor Audio BR2's, RS1's, Acoustic Energy AE109's (floorstanding speakers), B&W 685's (if you can find them within budget) or 602 S3's on Atacama Nexus 6 stands with QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable (all the latter easily sourced from eBay) & youve have a cracking system
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. Will look into it.

Would that support Spotify with a bit of jigging?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts