£300 setup ? Pros and Cons - Your Advice Please ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking for a budget second hand setup and after reading a few posts on here thought that an :-

NAD C320BEE Amp + Monitor Audio BR1's or BR2 Speakers might be the way to go ,

My budget is £300

wondering if this would be a wise choice or if i could do better for my £300.

scene

Firstly welcome to the forums!

The combo(s) you suggest should work well and the MAs have the benefit of being relaxed about positioning. You don't mention a source, do you already have a CD player / pc / iPod / something else? If you haven't already, don't forget to factor in cables, speaker and source to amp, shouldn't need to spend huge amounts, but don't forget that as you're planning on secondhand kit, that you might want to allow a little more than you might if buying £300 of new kit.

A

Anonymous

thank you scene ,yeah ill be using it mainly to run my pc through and occasionally some turntables. do you know what would be some good cables etc to use with this system ? sorry but dont know much at all about cabling and costs etc !! , thanks

idc

You can buy cheap cables off ebay with confidence, such as Van Damme/Neutrik or the likes of Belkin off Amazon. (Belkin make 'audiophile' cables for other companies who just rebadge them) If you are using your PC as a source your soundcard/DAC will have a bigger impact on the sound.

A standard soundcard can be noisy with all of the electronics inside the computer. So money spend one either a shielded 'audiophile' one or a stand a lone DAC will likely improve the sound.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:
(Belkin make 'audiophile' cables for other companies who just rebadge them)

Do they really? Which companies? Would be interesting to see the difference in pricing.

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Knowing what I do now, if I only had a £300 budget and assuming I already have a computer with digital out (which I did).

I would go with lossless format tracks on the computer - digital out - Beresford Caiman - headphones.

The DAC, quality headphones, cable and delivery can be had for £300 and will sound much better than a traditional set up.

On the other hand, if you want other people to share in the listening experience all the above is useless
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts