£100 to spend at Play.com - Thinking of Yamaha AS500 Amp to pair with Q Acoustics 2050i

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey

as per the title really! ive got £100 to spend at play.com since ive got a coupon for having their credit card.

ive had my eye on the as500 amp for a while and ive already got the 2050i speakers which are very big and power hungry. i heard this combo a while ago and i was quite impressed but that was the first hi fi system i had really heard properly.

So current setup is yamaha av amp 673 with Q Acoustics 2050i. I got the large Q acoustics with the aim of maybe making a full 5.1 system eventually with the yamaha 673 amp. while im doing that, im thinking of using the 2050i speakers with an AS500 amp to get good stereo sound until i save up and buy all the q acoustics speakers.

im also a fan of Bowers and Wilkins and would eventually like to buy a set of 684 or 601 once my q acoustics speakers become a full 5.1 system. would these bowers and wilkins sound alright with the AS500?

So the final setup (at the moment! lol) will be 5.1 Q acoustics with 673 in one room, and Bowers and Wilkins with the AS500 and the CDS300 cd player (already bought cd player)

appreciate your thoughts and experiences since i cant listen to the as500 with B&W speakers.

thanks!!

simonlewis said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but play.com has gone into administration & is not accepting any vouchers or gift cards.

I don't think it has gone into administration. It is only shutting its retail arm from March. There is no indication that it has stopped accepting its vouchers.

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ive requested my voucher which should come by tomorrow, so i want to use it asap in case they do stop gift cards.

so what do people reckon on the AS500 with the Bowers and Wilkins 601 or 685s? ive heard people say a NAD amp will sound really good but i cant demo it anywher in glasgow :(

D

Deleted member 2457

Timbot said:
Not to mention the fact that it would be very bad form to demo in a local hifi shop and then buy from Play...

Yeah, who would do a terrible thing like that?
smiley-smile.gif

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
of course, but I would be buying the B&W speakers from them....its almost like me brining in my own amp and testing speakers, then picking ones which best suite my amp ;)

TRENDING THREADS