Zeppelin or b&w 685

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all! Sorry for my english but I'm french...

So, my problem is that a used to have an old B&O (Beocenter 1500) but the speakers just died... I'm thinking to get a pair of Bowers & wilkins 685 to replace them. Is the amp good enough fore the speakers? And could a b&w zeppelin sound quality be as good ase the 685?

Sanks, Martin

Paul.

Your system only outputs about 20 watts per channel, and the 685s require a minimum of 25w, so don't think it would be ideal. The 685 will out perform the zeppelin, but only when partnered with a good amp.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello Martin,

I'm just wondering, what died in the speakers? Did they start making a rattling sound or just stopped working?

A

Anonymous

First, thanks for answering so fast.

Both beovox s22 speaker's membraine are torn, and It's a weard material, quind of spungie. I don't know any shops who can repair them, and as I've learn't It would cost almoste the same price as a new speakers. Is a A-209R Pioneer amp good enough fore the 685?

A

Anonymous

and for the zepllin air even if I mostly listen to digital music , will it stil be outbeaten by the speakers in therms of audio quality?

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Zep is good, but you can have the dali zensor 1's for less money and they are awesome.

Vita Audio has some awesome ipod docks too, i prefer them above B&W.

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
poldo said:
Zep is good, but you can have the dali zensor 1's for less money and they are awesome.

Vita Audio has some awesome ipod docks too, i prefer them above B&W.

Why do you prefer Vita over The ZA?

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
lespaulcustom said:
Hi all! Sorry for my english but I'm french...

So, my problem is that a used to have an old B&O (Beocenter 1500) but the speakers just died... I'm thinking to get a pair of Bowers & wilkins 685 to replace them. Is the amp good enough fore the speakers? And could a b&w zeppelin sound quality be as good ase the 685?

Listened to both the Zeppelin and the 685s, no contest...the 685s are way better, shouldn't expect that kinda performance from an ipod dock though.

Sanks, Martin

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
poldo said:
More neutral sound , B&W is a bit bass heavier.

Completely agree about the bass,the original Zep was a little bass light by comparison.I ditched my original Zep like a hot potato once I heard the ZA!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts