Your Squeezebox Touch set up.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My Touch sits on top of a Wadia Power DAC. Compact and Bijoux. Digital out directly into the amp which upsamples to 24 bit / 384 kHz. Amp tells me the incoming sample rate ... which is nice. Remote is a "One For All" XSight which controls both devices via infra red (although I occasionally use Squeeze Commander on a 7" Android tablet). Media server runs on a small and silent dual core ULV laptop and connection is wireless. Laptop set to wake up on wireless LAN.

PS I didn't bother with a NAS drive or RAID storage - music is backed up in 2 different places (as well as the original CDs!). Plus the power consumption of some 2/4 bay NAS drives when switched on 24/7 starts to get a bit excessive!

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
HP MediaSmart EX470 (WHS + SBS 7.6.2)

Touch into Leema Pulse III via coax.

Control via Logitech Harmony 885, iPeng on an old 2nd gen iPod or the servers own web interface on the laptop. Depends what else I'm doing at the time. The touch screen is completely redundant.

I also have the playback add-in for iPeng.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
cf83856f.jpg

Someing old, something new...kit as per sig.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Present! Unfortunately my system is still a mess for now as I am still looking for right places for everything, so now pictures :). For now my SBT sits on top of my rDAC which sits on top of my fixed pc! Everything is controlled via squeezebox controller...but soon will be via iphone/ipad.

Netgear Ready NAS Ultra 2 sits just under my router, not far from my pc.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
My Touch sits on top of a Wadia Power DAC. Compact and Bijoux. Digital out directly into the amp which upsamples to 24 bit / 384 kHz. Amp tells me the incoming sample rate ... which is nice. Remote is a "One For All" XSight which controls both devices via infra red (although I occasionally use Squeeze Commander on a 7" Android tablet). Media server runs on a small and silent dual core ULV laptop and connection is wireless. Laptop set to wake up on wireless LAN.

PS I didn't bother with a NAS drive or RAID storage - music is backed up in 2 different places (as well as the original CDs!). Plus the power consumption of some 2/4 bay NAS drives when switched on 24/7 starts to get a bit excessive!

Nhaaa, the Netgear is around 35W in operation and about 15/20W when not used )if you activate the spin down disks option...I bet your laptop consumes more :rofl:

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
acalex said:
tino said:

Nhaaa, the Netgear is around 35W in operation and about 15/20W when not used )if you activate the spin down disks option...I bet your laptop consumes more :rofl:

In the spirit of pantomine .. oh no it doesn't! ;) ... 4.4W idling (8.8W wifi on) to 28.5W peak load (17.4W average), 7.6W charging. Usually zero when I switch it off .. although laptop set to WOL, I don't make too much use of that feature preferring to switch laptop on only when listening to my music library ... it's usually off when I'm listening to internet radio.

Good job I don't have a Class A amp ... although having one of those may allow me to cut down on the central heating energy usage :)

PS One of the reasons I mentioned the Excito B3 server in another post is the very low power consumption .... 8W with 2TB disk and 5W with SSD which I think is pretty good (about £40 per year saving if you left it on 24/7), but as you say not exactly cheap for what you get.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
In the spirit of pantomine .. oh no it doesn't! ;) ... 4.4W idling (8.8W wifi on) to 28.5W peak load (17.4W average), 7.6W charging. Usually zero when I switch it off .. although laptop set to WOL, I don't make too much use of that feature preferring to switch laptop on only when listening to my music library ... it's usually off when I'm listening to internet radio.

Good job I don't have a Class A amp ... although having one of those may allow me to cut down on the central heating energy usage :)

PS One of the reasons I mentioned the Excito B3 server in another post is the very low power consumption .... 8W with 2TB disk and 5W with SSD which I think is pretty good (about £40 per year saving if you left it on 24/7), but as you say not exactly cheap for what you get.

Oh, ok...apologies :)! Yeah, I use the auto power on/power off function on my NAS so it is not 24/7 on.

Yes, I listened to Plinius SA-103, a pure class A power amp and it sucks 500W continuously...but it automatically switchs in AB mode when there is no signal for 15/30 minutes which is quite useful.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately no photo, but I use a Votexbox appliance as a ripping NAS feeding my Touch. The Touch then plays through my Cyrus system, DAC XP+ with PSX-R and X-Power amp and my Quad 21L speakers. Normally listen through headphones though where the DAC XP+ outputs to my Panda DIY amp and AKG Q701 headphones.

All controlled using an ipod touch running ipeng, or just through the squeezebox server. Apart from dusting the Touch never gets touched!

pp

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry no photo, but NSA325 NAS > SBT > Roksan Kandy K2 amp > Tannoy Revolution DC6T speakers. Logitech Harmony One remote.

Use Soundcheck's TT3.0 mod on SBT.

Also have a Cyrus 6s CD player connected, but almost never use it. Love my SBT!

A

Anonymous

just awaiting delivery of a touch. Will be interesting to see how it compares to my modded duet, I'll try the touch direct to amp and compare to the duet/dac combo.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
[Use Soundcheck's TT3.0 mod on SBT.

[/quote]

Hi pp,

I use TT3.0 also. Have you tried editing the priority settings back to Logitech standard after installing TT3.0?

Seems better balanced to me and more musical.

Cheers

Ambrose

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts