Your favorite integrated amp(s) under £2000? Why?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

FennerMachine

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've demoed a few amps in this price range but the only integrated amp I've owned is the Denon AVR-3801 I currently own. I've had pre/power systems, never a stereo integrated.

Out of all the amps I've demoed so far, pre/power and integrated, the only one that I would now consider is Icon Audio ST40.

This amp makes music sound realistic and natural (obviously with the right speakers).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dheepanprakash said:
sorry for intruding..can anyone recommend a gud integrated amp for my speakers( Jamo D590)?

Click on 'forums' tab then click on 'hi-fi' then click on 'post a new forum topic'.

EDIT: ok it seems you have already started a thread for that question.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/need-help-on-choosing-a-stereo-amp-for-jamo-d590#comment-2958403

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
@ Crusaderlord:

"The one amp i have always wanted to try is Unico Research - i just have never had a local stockist to hear one."

I have had two Unison Research Amps, The Preludio - a single ended KT88 which produced about 12 watts but could drive my then Sonus Fabers beautifully, and my current S8, which is sadly no longer in production but near mint second-hand examples can now be had for about £2 - £3K (Originally about £5.5K).

These are a superb buy, as Unison Research Amps are beautifully built, very reliable and very well looked after by their usually obsessive owners. (Myself included!)

The S8 sounds very 'big' and romantic but can 'rock' too - even with 'only' 24 watts on offer from the big and slightly scary 845 valves. Beautiful holographic and very natural vocals and acoustic instruments. Partners very well with my Focal speakers.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My ST40 is only 40 watts - I confess to not knowing the logic behind it - but hell it drives my Kudos with ease, and to boot sounds the dogs bollox!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
....and to boot sounds the dogs bollox!

An ethereal state of hifi perfection that we should all aspire to.
evil.png

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
My ST40 is only 40 watts - I confess to not knowing the logic behind it - but hell it drives my Kudos with ease, and to boot sounds the dogs bollox!

Glad to hear your system is really singing. I don't have much experience of valve amps, but I've heard Kudos speakers a couple of times and really enjoyed them.

:cheers:

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Currently using Denon PMA-2020AE in a second system with very good results. Loved the Marantz PM-14 and 17KI variants, Pioneer A400 too.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
stevebrock said:
almost mini floor standers penguin. Think neat sx3 size. They are truly lovely speakers especially if you want a bigger sound in a smaller room. They sound lovely connected to naim kit and produce astounding bass for the money and aren't position fussy.

TRENDING THREADS