Your Dream Music System

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I would have to audition a lot more systems to decide on a dream system. Of course, if I were in a position to afford one, I would have the resources to do so.

Whatever the system, it would be placed in a room that was measured and treated by an acoustical engineer and finished by an interior designer working in tandem. So it would both sound good and look good.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
1 million lottery win: new house or flat - with the same kit but bigger room

5 million lottery win: purpose-built acoustically designed room and kit, in a new house of course

100 million lottery win: over 5 to 10 years create and develop a sustainable independent loudspeaker testing and research facility, using leading expertise and equipment, gain industry (pro and consumer) recognition. Develop and adopt relevant industry standards.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
If it was in my current room, then a pair of these:

ATC-SCM20-Speakers_Tower.jpg

With a nice Pre (no idea) and a simple CDP like the Apollo-R and my Gyrodec would do me, maybe an SME arm on the Gyro.

If it was in a bigger room, then I would probably be getting an order in for some Magnepan MG12s (or bigger depending on room) with a Bryston Pre/Power and probably CD for good measure. Again with my Gyro I would have thought.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
100 million lottery win: over 5 to 10 years create and develop a sustainable independent loudspeaker testing and research facility, using leading expertise and equipment, gain industry (pro and consumer) recognition. Develop and adopt relevant industry standards.

As much as I like the idea how would this business make a profit?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Since we are now talking about serious money, I would bey a field and install a replica of this......

Wall-of-Sound1.jpg

I would then play every single known recording, in cronological order whilst eating 'Ben and Jerrys' ice cream.

Well some body did say dream........ :dance:

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
AlmaataKZ said:

As much as I like the idea how would this business make a profit?

I'l figure smth out. :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
davedotco said:
Since we are now talking about serious money, I would bey a field and install a replica of this......

Wall-of-Sound1.jpg

I would then play every single known recording, in cronological order whilst eating 'Ben and Jerrys' ice cream.

I would love to hear that system kicking out 'The Birdie Song' at full volume. :dance:

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
davedotco said:

Wall-of-Sound1.jpg

I would love to hear that system kicking out 'The Birdie Song' at full volume. :dance:

Fair enough.

You will then be required to sit through all 104 known and documented live recordings of 'Dark Star'............ ;)

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My dream system??. OK.

Vinyl only. Goldmund turntable, Audionote phono stage along with a pair of Ongaku power amps, Wilson Audio Alexandria or Grand SLAMM Loudspeakers plus a house with an audio room 20 metres square with specially strengthened floor. :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts