Yet another question about the Naimuniti

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As with many other people on this forum, I am considering buying a Naimuniti, as with any big purchase, I've asked around to get people opinion, one shop said that the issue with Naim in general is that Naim only works well with other Naim products; is this still the case? In the future, I would probably consider buying power amp, but I don't want to be limited to one manufacturer. Has anyone got any experience with this? Thanks.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I read the Naim forums quite a bit and whilst yes the majority of Naimees have all Naim kit, there are plenty of others that mix and match.

As for myself, I have not felt the need to add a power amp. My listening room is approx 4.5m x 3.5m so not large by any means and I don't try to play at room shaking volumes and the Uniti is absolutely more than capable of driving my EB1's with ease. In any case the whole point of buying my Uniti was to do away with lots of boxes and cables. I play a lot of vinyl so I have to tag on a phono amp, but thats all.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your thoughts. I am pleased to see that you can mix and match with Naim.

My room is 4.5 x 6.5 and it will be driving a pair of montior audio RX6s. A shop (who doesn't stock Naim) suggested that the Naim might not be able to control these speakers, though the cynic in my says, there trying to sell me one of their own products, it has put an element of doubt in my mind. I did try this combo out at a shop but the room was very small.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
msaville:

As with many other people on this forum, I am considering buying a Naimuniti, as with any big purchase, I've asked around to get people opinion, one shop said that the issue with Naim in general is that Naim only works well with other Naim products; is this still the case? In the future, I would probably consider buying power amp, but I don't want to be limited to one manufacturer. Has anyone got any experience with this? Thanks.

Naim kit does work well with other manufacturers; see my signature. But you must have a listen, and be prepared for a bit of a cable faff (although I imagine that wouldn't be a problem with the Uniti).

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
jockey.wilson:msaville:

Naim kit does work well with other manufacturers; see my signature. But you must have a listen, and be prepared for a bit of a cable faff (although I imagine that wouldn't be a problem with the Uniti).

Yes, speaker cables are not a problem for the Uniti - the manual states that although Naim's NAC A5 should give best results, other speaker cables can be used safely. I use Chord Epic, which I find more detailed and refined than the NAC A5.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for all your responses, i feel better armed now. If there is someone out there with Uniti and RX6 mix i would still like to hear from you. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts