Question Yamaha Wxc50 vs Wxad10

AJM1981

I own the Wxa50 amp for our living room and was thinking about the Wxc50 pre amp / streamer for upstairs to connect to my Harman Kardon Amp. It is the least used set so priority is not that high, but it would be nice to have spotify connect and equalizing options for my bookshelves and sub :) .

The thing is that I recently stumbled upon the Wxad10 which kind of seems almost identical to the wxc50, but is way cheaper.

Does anyone have experience with the wxad10? I read about some issues with the Yamaha app, but since those are years old it seems everything should be fine. Apart from that I wonder about user experiences to compare :)

Tinman1952

I own the Wxa50 amp for our living room and was thinking about the Wxc50 pre amp / streamer for upstairs to connect to my Harman Kardon Amp. It is the least used set so priority is not that high, but it would be nice to have spotify connect and equalizing options for my bookshelves and sub :) .

The thing is that I recently stumbled upon the Wxad10 which kind of seems almost identical to the wxc50, but is way cheaper.

Does anyone have experience with the wxad10? I read about some issues with the Yamaha app, but since those are years old it seems everything should be fine. Apart from that I wonder about user experiences to compare :)
Hi. I have both. The WXAD10 sounds very good with an excellent Burr Brown DAC but it only has analogue out and a network connection.
The WXC50 is a much more versatile device and can be used as a streamer/DAC/ preamp or just a network player. Analogue and digital inputs and outputs. Both work equally well with the MusicCast app 👍

Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

Hi. I have both. The WXAD10 sounds very good with an excellent Burr Brown DAC but it only has analogue out and a network connection.
The WXC50 is a much more versatile device and can be used as a streamer/DAC/ preamp or just a network player. Analogue and digital inputs and outputs. Both work equally well with the MusicCast app 👍

Thanks for your reply :)

does the menu with the sound options and equalizers for treble mids and lows in the app also appear for the wxad-10?

In older reviews it is mentioned that the wxad10 and a chromecast are similar. But I couldn't really place those comments as the Wxad10 seems to have spotify connect,and should be able to also stream without tv which should be a big plus over a chromecast (imho).

Tinman1952

Thanks for your reply :)

does the menu with the sound options and equalizers for treble mids and lows in the app also appear for the wxad-10?

In older reviews it is mentioned that the wxad10 and a chromecast are similar. But I couldn't really place those comments as the Wxad10 seems to have spotify connect,and should be able to also stream without tv which should be a big plus over a chromecast (imho).
Hi. No the WXAD10 does not have the EQ options in the app settings. The app does allow direct connection to Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz. Net radio and has Bluetooth plus Airplay from Apple devices.

Reactions: AJM1981

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts