yamaha sound projectors

A

Anonymous

Sorry.

I don't rightly know, I just think the soundbars are kind of magic beans material.

A

Anonymous

My Advice:

Get a good solid entry-level (or used) stereo integrated. Mate it to two proper stereo speakers (if you're looking to buy a soundbar you can afford some good ones) and just listen to the TV and DVDs in stereo. The sound quality will be rich, controlled and supple. Sure you'll miss out on Voodoo surround, but the overall listening experience will be drastically better.

A

Anonymous

Brillo! Try that out for a while, maybe trade in the MS for Epos if you feel the need. But the 902's should probably do it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="raypalmer"]Sorry.

I don't rightly know, I just think the soundbars are kind of magic beans material.[/quote]

I've got one.Yamaha DSP 1100.

I've posted elsewhere that we have had guests looking for where the sound was coming from.most people who have heard ours think that my hi-fi speakers are playing some part in what they are hearing.

mines hooked up to a £60 Tosh upscaling dvd and a Quad L sub and I love it.Unless I move house and can have speakers in my walls costing at least a couple of grand I wouldn't have anything else.It's nothing at all like the pseudo surround sound that tv's sometimes have.I'm used to a decent sound and have a reasonable set up for music and the sound projector is easily good enough to take it's place in my lounge,rather that than some £1000 five speaker system om stands dotted about the place.A demo never does any harm.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mohawk"]
[quote user="raypalmer"]Sorry.

I don't rightly know, I just think the soundbars are kind of magic beans material.[/quote]

I've got one.Yamaha DSP 1100.

I've posted elsewhere that we have had guests looking for where the sound was coming from.most people who have heard ours think that my hi-fi speakers are playing some part in what they are hearing.

mines hooked up to a £60 Tosh upscaling dvd and a Quad L sub and I love it.Unless I move house and can have speakers in my walls costing at least a couple of grand I wouldn't have anything else.It's nothing at all like the pseudo surround sound that tv's sometimes have.I'm used to a decent sound and have a reasonable set up for music and the sound projector is easily good enough to take it's place in my lounge,rather that than some £1000 five speaker system om stands dotted about the place.A demo never does any harm.
[/quote]I demoed (don't remember which one, an expensive one) for my new place about four months ago (in a square room at the dealer), I couldn't hear it. To me my old missions paired to my sony amp are miles better.

To each their own as they say.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion they are terrible. Two decent speakers are far, far superior in all areas. You can't accurately produce 5.1 out of one speaker - much as people would love such a thing to be possible. They are impressive until you hear something half decent and then you realise what a massive compromise they are.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
but i was looking at them as a compromise - i have a proper set up in my lounge this was just going to be a tidy 1 box solution to take audio from both a 360 and ps3 for games and movies in bed - doesn't need to be a loud floor shaker for up there just was hoping poss better than straight stereo

A

Anonymous

I have a YSP 800 in my bedroom, connected mainly for XBox 360 and some dvd watching. It's a pretty neat solution and better, imo, than some half decent (Quad 11Ls) attached to an integrated amp. It does however need a sub as it's very bass-light.

A

Anonymous

It depends on what you want from the system, if your sole intent is to watch movies, then by all means get a Yamaha. I've heard it properly set-up quite a lot of times, and they really do work! If you listen to a lot of stereo music, then I'd shy away from them. I'm not saying they're bad, but most stereo speakers with a simple amplifier will beat it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts