Yamaha RXV673 or RXV773 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all im about to buy one of the above but was wondering if the RXV773 worth the extra £100 i know it has pre-outs ect but does it sound any better than the RXV673. Any advise would be of great help Regards Anthony

A

Anonymous

Hi!

I recently bought the 773 and would thoroughly recommend it! I heard the 673 at my local store and i liked a lot, especially compared to the Denon 2313 (and even 3313)! However, i needed the second HDMI output (didn't want to use a splitter), so i opted for the 773.

The sound quality is excellent to my ears. Really good balance with the B&W M-1 speakers and BK elec Gemini II subwoofer i'm using in my set up. The 773 also has slightly more power AFAIK and build quality is excellent with an aluminium front fascia unlike the plastic front of the 673.

I think the best thing about the 773 is the soundfield it generates. Its far bigger than i expected and personally felt it was theat touch better than the 673. It really whisks you away into the movie effortlessly.

Worth noting though, if you have a really large room the 773 will find it hard to fill. My room is 14.5ftx14.5ft and its perfect for that.

Hope that helps a little

regards

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the reply. I am very tempted to go with the 773. But someone in one of the other forums recommended the RXA 810 which i can pick up for £450 from richersounds but it does not have Air play and 4K so im a bit stuck now.

A

Anonymous

Hi the speakers i am using at the moment is the Q-AV 5.1 which are excellent but i will be upgrading at a later date and the fun starts all over again.

A

Anonymous

Hi again,

I was also thinking of going for the previous generation 810 or 1010. Airplay i wasn't too fussed about as i have an Apple TV. 4K compatibility, although not so relevant now, may well be in the next 2 years.

Also, if you can, its worth hearing the 810 and see what you think. From what i have read though the previous gen Yamaha's are slightly different in their sound to what the new receivers are like.

I'm not going to be replacing my kit for a wee while, so it made more sense to get kit that was as future proof as possible.

Regards

quad-gradientsetup

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, I'm a tad new to the home cinema game and need a little advice pls…

I too were looking at the Yamaha 773 so it's interesting to read all your thoughts…

Im thinking of using the monitor audio silver fx surrounds, silver fx centre and quad/gradient combo for mains. Haven't decided on sub yet… does anyone know if this is a good match up. I'm a bit concerned with the power match up because the 773 boasts a 160 watt output and my speaker selection all recommend a much lower wattage (10-80 watts for surrounds, 40-125 for centre), is this a problem? Also the mentioned speakers are 6 ohms the quads are 8 ohms but these amps seem to have one setting for all so what happened here when setting up?. Can someone pls advise, am I missing something here…?

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

P.s. is this new 'Reflective Sound Control' any good?? Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts