Yamaha RXV3900 and Monitor Audio RS6 Bi-amping.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I have the above equipment in my home cinema set-up, and was wondering if it is worth bi-amping the RS6's as per the Yamaha manual using the 'Surround Back/BI-amp connections? Thanks

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
mrjjinx:Hello, I have the above equipment in my home cinema set-up, and was wondering if it is worth bi-amping the RS6's as per the Yamaha manual using the 'Surround Back/BI-amp connections? Thanks

I've biamped my Q7s off of the Yamaha and it is most definitely a step up in sonic ability, clout and detail, well worth for upgrade and all for a pair of speaker cables!

Just do it..................................you won't be disappointed!!

A

Anonymous

I would put it slightly more neutral! ...and say give it a go - see if it makes a difference for you. It works in theory but a lot of purists are against it. It also adds in other anomalys that you dont want. Also you aren't bi-amping you are biwiring significantly different. "most" difference is mind tricks and if you were able a/b blind test I doubt you would be able to detect any real quantifiable difference.
But give it a go - this is what audio is all about - OH and btw you will get better sound from some decent guage speaker cable sing cable then you will with poor cable bi-wired. Have fun!

A

Anonymous

Dare I suggest if the OP is going to use 2 channels of amplification he most definately is bi-amping Bottom line still remains give it a go see which you prefer

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys, It is definatly bi-amping not bi-wiring. I will give it a go and see if there is an improvment, I am using decent Chord speaker cable so hope that will help.

A

Anonymous

Heymrjjinx, just wondering how you went bi-amping your gear? I am considering doing this myself, just wondering if you noticed any difference.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts